#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he’s just spotted a fair and balanced post so…

He writes in another thread.

I didnt rate Dunne Hart or Sterling,

If you don't rate a player for years and post 100s of times how poor that player is, how can it be possible to judge a performance.

But the bigger issue is why would anybody supporting a team want to continually criticise one player time and time again, over a period of years. Does not seem at all healthy to me. Especially as the the best coach in the World seems to pick that player on a regular basis.

Looking more like himself and that can only benefit club and player.

I still think he will be gone this summer but let's hope he will leave with another title.

He's playing with a smile on his face, he's so much better playing on the right, he's taking full backs on again and getting himself into dangerous positions, his finishing could be better, the team dipped yesterday with the substitutions and a big part of that was shifting Raz to the left to accommodate Mahrez.

He writes in another thread.

I didnt rate Dunne Hart or Sterling,

If you don't rate a player for years and post 100s of times how poor that player is, how can it be possible to judge a performance.

But the bigger issue is why would anybody supporting a team want to continually criticise one player time and time again, over a period of years. Does not seem at all healthy to me. Especially as the the best coach in the World seems to pick that player on a regular basis.
Then you would be wrong in your thinking. I can and do appreciate the contribution to the team, but I can also not rate him as a top player.

For me, he has poor touch, control and decision making evidenced in most games he plays . He is the epitome of Jeckyll and Hyde in that you never know at any moment in a game which one is getting the ball or opportunity.

Furthermore, he is already up there as one of our highest earners and reputedly, wants compatibility with the top, and frankly, imo, he doesn't justify that.

It's good that he is improving with his contributions once again, but for what I say above, I don't rate him as highly as others.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Then you would be wrong in your thinking. I can and do appreciate the contribution to the team, but I can also not rate him as a top player.

For me, he has poor touch, control and decision making evidenced in most games he plays . He is the epitome of Jeckyll and Hyde in that you never know at any moment in a game which one is getting the ball or opportunity.

Furthermore, he is already up there as one of our highest earners and reputedly, wants compatibility with the top, and frankly, imo, he doesn't justify that.

It's good that he is improving with his contributions once again, but for what I say above, I don't rate him as highly as others.

Hope that clears things up for you.
always a but , dont keep being dishonest

Definitely improving and most importantly he is scoring, yes he is frustrating, but considering how he started the season his form is moving in the right direction. More to come hopefully.

Thought he was exceptional first half, 2nd half things weren’t coming off for him but he was in our top 3 players last night.

I think we need to keep playing him as he’s like a new signing now and when he’s on form he’s electric.

No, those that disagree with me and want him gone aren’t necessarily racist, they likely think the way they do because he was shit for 18 months. To suggest people, especially City fans, of racism because they’ve criticised a player and without further evidence than that, is fucking stupid.

You bring nothing to the table with your weird utterings and feeble attempts to accuse any Sterling critic as a racist.
He has got a weird section of of our fanbase unwilling to give him credit but they’re just not very bright rather than racist.
Suggest you get back in your box. You haven’t been missed.
I was going to respond but seeing your response I’m glad you did. As he put it, ‘as someone with the same complexion’ I was fucking baffled by the rhetoric he was sticking to.

Somehow, SWP, Goater and even Kelechi don’t exist in his mind. Like people don’t somehow like Micah anymore or never did because of his skin colour…baffled is an understatement.

I personally think he was poor. He had many promising situations but made poor decisions in the end. He was on the break against the center back at least 4 times but was poor.
We're generally pretty poor at counter-attacking. Personally I thought he looked up and waited for the run but usually it wasn't made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.