#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly doubted him to score that pen, but I'm glad he showed the stones to take it and it was a good pen.

Overall, had a good game. Kept trying to make things happen. Our best attacker out of the front 3 today.

Honestly doubted him to score that pen, but I'm glad he showed the stones to take it and it was a good pen.

Overall, had a good game. Kept trying to make things happen. Our best attacker out of the front 3 today.
That wasn’t difficult because the other two were crap. His second half was better than any other player on the pitch though so he deserved it just for that.

Motm for me.

Is it me or is he crossing more? I feel like we were missing that from him, I guess perhaps it's because he was being played LW alot so it's not as natural.

Should have had 2 assists on top of the pen, way better on the right.

Causes a dilemma for Jesus though, we have 2 options on the right, and he doesn't have his rhythm down the center.
Perhaps Pep should rotate him with Foden on the LW? I prefer Grealish more central.

Playing from the right is the least bad position for Sterling its clear as hell. Today he was way better than his overall form, so a good game I guess. easily the best of the front three was running into the box, scored the pen, delivered an assist to Grealish who missed a sitter.

I dont want to see him moved to the left.
If there was ever a post written through gritted teeth. Every compliment is a back hander. He was City's best player today, not just of the front three.

Well done, big man. 100 goals in the Premier League is a remarkable achievement. It seems, based on Pep's comments, that the players put him forward to take the penalty today. That was a nice touch.

He was busy throughout, showed great movement off the ball, constantly ran at Saiss and Ait Nouri. He's very quickly started playing well again throughout games, especially down the middle and on the right.

Took his penalty really well - one of those where you could tell he was going to score just from his run-up. Waited for the keeper to move, then struck. He's in great form now; long may it continue.

Motm for me.

Is it me or is he crossing more? I feel like we were missing that from him, I guess perhaps it's because he was being played LW alot so it's not as natural.

Should have had 2 assists on top of the pen, way better on the right.

Causes a dilemma for Jesus though, we have 2 options on the right, and he doesn't have his rhythm down the center.
Perhaps Pep should rotate him with Foden on the LW? I prefer Grealish more central.
Yeah like you say crossing more because he’s on the right. His left peg is about as useful as Jack’s on the left he barely gets any crosses in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.