#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that free kick come down yet ....lol

Think I saw it flying over my house this morning.

Jokes aside, him taking it was frustrating as fuck, but I guess it highlights the regard he's held in by his teammates and his seniority within the squad. Next time though, someone should say 'nah, leave it to the dead ball experts'.

Think I saw it flying over my house this morning.

Jokes aside, him taking it was frustrating as fuck, but I guess it highlights the regard he's held in by his teammates and his seniority within the squad. Next time though, someone should say 'nah, leave it to the dead ball experts'.

I don't mind him backing himself when the game's safe but I don't like seeing him anywhere near the ball when there are usually three or four top class set piece takers on the pitch.

One of the many countless reasons I'm glad we didn't sign ronaldo in the summer was because I'd lose my shit every time he puts the ball down and starts his run up. I guess I admire the confidence but I'd prefer he left it to the experts.

I don't mind him backing himself when the game's safe but I don't like seeing him anywhere near the ball when there are usually three or four top class set piece takers on the pitch.

One of the many countless reasons I'm glad we didn't sign ronaldo in the summer was because I'd lose my shit every time he puts the ball down and starts his run up. I guess I admire the confidence but I'd prefer he left it to the experts.

Exactly.

On an unrelated note, wonder if he starts midweek and in place of who.

Agree with all that...

Premier League games only, Sterling has taken a shot from just 5 direct free kicks. He achieved a symmetrically perfect record of 1 goal, 1 woodwork, 1 saved, 1 blocked and 1 missed. All 5 have been late on and in games where the result already known.

Since 14/15 (my records for this only go back to then) City have scored 16 times from 145 attempts. I should stress this is for league games only:

By season:
14/15 - 3/23
15/16 - 0/22
16/17 - 2/17
17/18 - 1/10
18/19 - 4/23
19/20 - 5/18
20/21 - 1/15
21/22 - 0/7

Our conversion rate for these seasons is 11%...so near as damn it 1 in 10. The best exponent in the league right now is Ward Prowse and his 12 goals have been converted at a rate of 14%.

Some names:

1/5 - Sterling 20% (meaningless stat really)
3/57 - KDB 5%
2/15 - Mahrez 13%
1/11 - Gundogan 9%

Recent players:

4/18 - David Silva 22% (boosted by his last season)
0/25 - YaYa ( from 14/15 so unfortunately misses his purple patch season 13/14)
0/13 - Leroy
0/6 - Aguero

Recent players:

4/18 - David Silva 22% (boosted by his last season)
0/25 - YaYa ( from 14/15 so unfortunately misses his purple patch season 13/14)
0/13 - Leroy
0/6 - Aguero
Really weird how every free-kick from good range felt like a pen for Yaya during 13/14 and then he never scored again. I remember teams starting to put a player on the line but even that didn't work that one season he was truly a god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.