#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
rashford wishes he had sterlings stats not a good comparison rashford has never been anything more than hype
The comparison was made through how frustrated i can be with Sterling and my rag colleagues at work are with Sire Marcus.
So don't you worry yourself

I know nothing in this thread should surprise me, but looking into this thread after a 2-0 win where Sterling has directly created both goals only to see him getting slagged off is a great reminder of how fucking stupid this particular thread is.

Continues to be an enigma - positive, great attitude, keeps going, involved in both goals. But he has the technique of a Sunday league player
I was watching with my 23 yr old son, and told him to watch for how many times Sterling miscontrols the ball and/or gives it away. Needless to say, that got boring after a while!

He can sneak in and score you the winner in a tight game, or find you the penalty that puts you ahead, but then looks completely out of his depth with the technical brilliance around him.

I’m lost for words at this point!

I'm hoping that Sterling is replaced by someone better in the summer ... but ... to be fair to him the goalkeeper made a decent save before KDB scored and Sterling was in very good positions more often than anyone else.

I was watching with my 23 yr old son, and told him to watch for how many times Sterling miscontrols the ball and/or gives it away.

Good to see you doing your bit to ensure future generations of Bluemoon threads won’t be deprived of idiots.

Next time maybe replay him the goal and show him how Sterling sells Raya that he’s going across to cover the CB, waiting for him to make the pass so he can intercept it for the second goal?

I mean seriously, I know there's this basic unspoken agreement on this platform that because we all like City and like discussing City we are all reasonably decent people that we should be polite to, but if you're going into a game trying to count how many times a player doesn't control the ball perfectly and end up ignoring him creating 2 goals then .... well I won't say what I want to because the post would get removed.

You deserve the Bears.

Last edited:
I was watching with my 23 yr old son, and told him to watch for how many times Sterling miscontrols the ball and/or gives it away. Needless to say, that got boring after a while!

He can sneak in and score you the winner in a tight game, or find you the penalty that puts you ahead, but then looks completely out of his depth with the technical brilliance around him.

I’m lost for words at this point!

So many players are technically brilliant but in terms of actual goals and assists, pretty fucking useless most of the time. You can say Sterling has "poor technique" or is a bad finisher all you want but he still creates far more than most of the "technically brilliant" players in the league. Including the one we spent £100m on, even before his move he wasn't hitting Raheem's output despite supposedly being a far better player. Same logic applies to Pogba, to Firmino and countless more. I know which kind of player I'd prefer.

Oh puhleeze!

Sterling “created” KDB’s goal? How? BY MISSING HIS OWN ONE-on-ONE CHANCE…FOR A CHANGE?! YCMIU!!

I genuinely think it's not an exaggeration that I wouldn't back anyone in our squad to score that chance more than one in every two attempts. Maybe I'd back Gundogan or De Bruyne at the peak of their form but everyone else would panic and either do exactly what Raheem did or put it wide/sky it. Us being shite at 1v1s is a problem with the whole team at the moment, not just Sterling.

Good to see you doing your bit to ensure future generations of Bluemoon threads won’t be deprived of idiots.

Next time maybe replay him the goal and show him how Sterling sells Raya that he’s going across to cover the CB, waiting for him to make the pass so he can intercept it for the second goal?

I mean seriously, I know there's this basic unspoken agreement on this platform that because we all like City and like discussing City we are all reasonably decent people that we should be polite to, but if you're going into a game trying to count how many times a player doesn't control the ball perfectly and end up ignoring him creating 2 goals then .... well I won't say what I want to because the post would get removed.

You deserve the Bears.

I don’t know about Sterling being an enigma but you certainly are.

I genuinely think it's not an exaggeration that I wouldn't back anyone in our squad to score that chance more than one in every two attempts. Maybe I'd back Gundogan or De Bruyne at the peak of their form but everyone else would panic and either do exactly what Raheem did or put it wide/sky it. Us being shite at 1v1s is a problem with the whole team at the moment, not just Sterling.
Suuuure.

I guess we will never know, because we don’t have any other players “tricky” enough to bamboozle the keeper to “create” the chance for KDB…by missing a one on one and the ball falling to him!!!

My only confusion: Who gets the assist…Sterling or Raya?

HAHAHAHA!

Mentalist in your spare time, eh?!

“Tricked” the keeper!

Brilliant!

I see I’ve graduated from “idiot” to “stupid.”

You’re on a roll.

Carry on.

If you genuinely can't see that he tricks the keeper into playing that pass, you should just give up, this sport is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.