#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If football was like any other walk of life / job ,you get paid on your performances and what Sterling has contributed for the last 9 / 12 months does not deserve a pay rise , but football is not in the real world , he will get his £300k a week because we dont want to lose him for nowt in a couple of years.
This obviously doesnt just apply to Sterling , so many footballers are screwing their clubs for money whilst under performing , look at that useless **** Pogshite at the Swamp , four years and won f*ck all and now he wants £400/500k a week.The game went crazy when Bosman got his way and it isnt going to change , as long as they have a clever / streetwise agent (unlike Kane) players now have all the power.

If football was like any other walk of life / job ,you get paid on your performances and what Sterling has contributed for the last 9 / 12 months does not deserve a pay rise , but football is not in the real world , he will get his £300k a week because we dont want to lose him for nowt in a couple of years.
This obviously doesnt just apply to Sterling , so many footballers are screwing their clubs for money whilst under performing , look at that useless **** Pogshite at the Swamp , four years and won f*ck all and now he wants £400/500k a week.The game went crazy when Bosman got his way and it isnt going to change , as long as they have a clever / streetwise agent (unlike Kane) players now have all the power.
26 goals + assists last season. Only De Bruyne got more.

According to transfermarkt he was our most productive player (goals+assists) in 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20.

Obviously dropping to second is a disaster. Probably deserves a pay cut :)

26 goals + assists last season. Only De Bruyne got more.

According to transfermarkt he was our most productive player (goals+assists) in 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20.

Obviously dropping to second is a disaster. Probably deserves a pay cut :)

Shush.... objective factual evidence about his impact is not appreciated by many on this thread :)

So, instead I thought I'd shamelessly copy a gushing post from the Bernardo player thread that seems very apt here for Raheem:

".... others will probably be chosen by Pep ahead of him but doesn't detract from the fact he can be as influential as anyone and he will be in consideration for every starting 11.

He is a wonderful talent and our team is enhanced by his ability,his energy,his character,and his presence.We will miss his input and presence greatly should he ever decide its time to leave,i think for many it will be a case of 'you don't know what you got till its gone'. Lets hope that doesn't happen any time soon."

Credit and thanks to FantasyIreland for the beautiful words.

Shush.... objective factual evidence about his impact is not appreciated by many on this thread :)

So, instead I thought I'd shamelessly copy a gushing post from the Bernardo player thread that seems very apt here for Raheem:

".... others will probably be chosen by Pep ahead of him but doesn't detract from the fact he can be as influential as anyone and he will be in consideration for every starting 11.

He is a wonderful talent and our team is enhanced by his ability,his energy,his character,and his presence.We will miss his input and presence greatly should he ever decide its time to leave,i think for many it will be a case of 'you don't know what you got till its gone'. Lets hope that doesn't happen any time soon."

Credit and thanks to FantasyIreland for the beautiful words.
Youre welcome,think i at least deserve a 'like' though' ;-)

His head goes the minute he’s one on one with even a split second to think. Yesterday’s was a perfect opportunity to take a touch past the keeper for a tap in, but he just fluffs a shot that gets saved relatively easily. It’s a shame as it’s all that’s lacking, but it’s a big issue for him.
Not stopped smirking when he fluffs them either. I’m sure he cares, and it’s probably an involuntary reflex, but it it grates.

Given his flawed technique and miserable form for many months, I can’t help thinking he punched above his weight in the past. His positional sense has always been his faithful friend, though.

Last edited:
He's a real winner

He's looking really sharp.

People who point out the missed 1v1 chance don't get it, he's back to getting chance after chance through his movement and that's only going to bring more and more goals.

He's played 3 games since the Euro's final, he should be miles behind in his preseason preparation, but he's got 2 goals and an assist in 3 games.

He'll score 30 again this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.