#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Not a chance he’s taking one at 0-0 in the 90th minute of a game. Not a single tiny chance, unless Gundogan, Mahrez and KDB are all off the pitch. :-)

You surely have to admit that his penalty record leaves a great deal to be desired. Do you feel confident when he steps up from 12 yards?

I'm not confident when any of our lot step up to take a penalty, but 5 of the last 6 have resulted in a goal, even if 2 have been on the rebound, so I worry less about Sterling than Gundogan or KDB or Jesus.

It was not so long ago Mahrez had missed 5 of his last 8 and people were getting outraged he'd even put his hand up, and now he's scored 10 of his last 11.

ok maybe calling him dogshit was ott but its only born out of my frustration for him to do well
i have absolutely nothing against raz personally im sure hes a great guy and tries damn hard when he plays
and nobody can go against his goal scoring record but...
i maintain that his good performances are few and far between,
maybe my standards are just to high for every player in this team.
as for not calling out other players who have a bad game?
these players rarely give the ball away can keep posession and are generally better players.
i mean look at the number of pages in this thread and the other sterling thread, the only other player with this number is grealish and hes only been here 5 minutes.
its just my opinion and no im not a rag, been a fan for 55 years thru all the bad times
no need for personal attacks, this isnt rawk

I laughed at ;

"Maybe my standards are just too high" -:)

ok maybe calling him dogshit was ott but its only born out of my frustration for him to do well
i have absolutely nothing against raz personally im sure hes a great guy and tries damn hard when he plays
and nobody can go against his goal scoring record but...
i maintain that his good performances are few and far between,
maybe my standards are just to high for every player in this team.
as for not calling out other players who have a bad game?
these players rarely give the ball away can keep posession and are generally better players.
i mean look at the number of pages in this thread and the other sterling thread, the only other player with this number is grealish and hes only been here 5 minutes.
its just my opinion and no im not a rag, been a fan for 55 years thru all the bad times
no need for personal attacks, this isnt rawk
Can’t agree about our other players being ‘better players’ mate

We may have better passers & players with a better first touch, but there’s a whole load more to football than passing & first touch my friend

Raheem has world class timing of his runs & world class positional sense, hence him scoring so many tap ins. He also has a world class burst of pace & id suggest his goal scoring record for a wide player is only below the likes of Messi, Salah & Mane

I’d even suggest that other than Kev, he effects games more than most

If he stays at City, I’d guess he’ll probably end up in the top 10 PL goalscorers of all time, so can he really be that poor a player?

Guess you didn’t rate The Goat either as he had a pretty poor first touch & not great at passing?

Instead of looking at what he’s not good at, why not look at the things he is good at?

Last edited:

I think some of you have become really fixated on the idea of players keeping possession like it is in any way a rarity to find a player in the top divisions who can do it.

What is much, much more rare and harder to replace is a consistent goalscorer and we don't have a more consistent one than Sterling.

Some of you get bogged down in trying to define what is a "better" player and end up forgetting that some of those supposedly better players simply aren't as effective and never have been.

Can’t agree about our other players being ‘better players’ mate

We may have better passers & players with a better first touch, but there’s a whole load more to football than passing & first touch my friend

Raheem has world class timing of his runs & world class positional sense, hence him scoring so many tap ins. He also has a world class burst of pace & id suggest his goal scoring record for a wide player is only below the likes of Messi, Salah & Mane

I’d even suggest that other than Kev, he effects games more than most

If he stays at City, I’d guess he’ll probably end up in the top 10 PL goalscorers of all time, so can he really be that poor a player?

Guess you didn’t rate The Goat either as he had a pretty poor first touch & not great at passing?

Instead of looking at what he’s not good at, why not look at the things he is good at?
Thank fuck Pep does

Only Raheem Sterling could score a hattrick at the weekend yet still be slated by some of his own.

People have mind their minds up and will never like him. No matter what he produces.
I tend to go off players when they tell the club they want to leave tbh. I’m sure many feel the same, it would be interesting to see how the thread reacts if he signs a new deal.

He’s frustrating, at times clumsy in possession and an unreliable finisher but in spite of all this he’s very effective. His work ethic, mental strength and his pace more than offset his weaknesses.

I was very much in the sign Jack sell Raz camp last summer but seeing how Jack’s game has changed with us (albeit a change enforced by pep) it’s hard to make an argument that Raz is less important to us than Jack.

Raz is quietly becoming a City legend. In years to come his trophy haul and goals scored will make many of us wonder why we didn’t really appreciate him at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.