#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s frustrating, at times clumsy in possession and an unreliable finisher but in spite of all this he’s very effective. His work ethic, mental strength and his pace more than offset his weaknesses.

I was very much in the sign Jack sell Raz camp last summer but seeing how Jack’s game has changed with us (albeit a change enforced by pep) it’s hard to make an argument that Raz is less important to us than Jack.

Raz is quietly becoming a City legend. In years to come his trophy haul and goals scored will make many of us wonder why we didn’t really appreciate him at the time.
He is frustrating but we can’t have a go at him when he is producing and scoring hat tricks.

That's crazy. Shows a distinct lack of striking talent in the league when there's only 3 players to break double figures in the league at this stage of the season.
And all those three (plus Son below them) are pacey, medium size players who, not so long ago, would have been wingers. The traditional centre-forward is becoming a rarity at the top level.

One, that’s not actually correct and two, the sole reason he took that was that the game was well won and it was for his hat trick.

Not a chance he’s taking one at 0-0 in the 90th minute of a game. Not a single tiny chance.

As Pep said, Sterling is at his best when he doesn’t have to think about shooting. Penalties therefore are not his speciality.

In fairness he did confidently stroke home the penalty against against Wolves at 0-0.

But i wholeheartedly agree with you, not sure I’d want him taking one at the CL final or to win us the league.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see if we end up extending his contract.

In the current market I don't see how we can get someone in who will be as effective as him, without paying huge transfer fees.

In fairness he didn’t confidently stroke home the penalty against against Wolves at 0-0.

But i wholeheartedly agree with you, not sure I’d want him taking one at the CL final or to win us the league.
If mahrez is on the pitch he will take them, if he ain’t we cover our eyes and keep our fingers crossed. Raz isn’t very good at penalties but neither are any of the others that have tried. As for raz himself he has positives and negatives which means he will continue to frustrate and also produce.

He is certainly playing better recently than he has for a long time. Still won’t stop him fluffing it from 3 yards or cocking up a simple pass or ball retention. It is what it is.

I'm a huge fan, but I just wish when I am chatting with my son on WhatsApp during a game, that the expression "Raz should have buried that" didn't crop up quite as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.