#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's obviously given licence to attack his defender at every opportunity in an England shirt. You can see him look forward whenever the ball comes to him. He's encouraged to take players on and use his strengths. Sometimes it comes off and other times it doesn't. It's a risk reward strategy that works well with the national team.

At City we expect different things and it doesn't suit his game as much. It's a testament to his ability that he still comes up with impressive numbers even when he's being held back somewhat in a blue shirt.

On the flip he gives the ball away far more,runs down blind alleys continually and tends to unnecessarily fall over far more frequently.

He took his goal well,his movement was exceptional,and he showed plenty of enthusiasm,but also it lacked the usual substance being a typically frustrating performance by Raheem.

7/10.

Utter nonsense. Best player on the park which is usually the case for England.

One of the 3/4 most dangerous players in the world when playing for his country.

His output this last 18 months for England has been insane.

You just don’t like him.

Utter nonsense. Best player on the park which is usually the case for England.

One of the 3/4 most dangerous players in the world when playing for his country.

His output this last 18 months for England has been insane.

You just don’t like him.
It goes back to my point about risk reward. If you're one of those (and there's plenty about) who don't rate him then whenever one of his runs ends up with him losing the ball then it'll feel like justification for thinking he's poor.
The vast majority who dig him out on here would far rather mention his bad moments whilst failing to mention what he's done well.

At this point I doubt it'll change so I expect this thread to stay on the same vein it has for the last couple of years.

On the contrary. I think most of the discussion today is the difference in his Country form to that of his club, and why he hasn't been able to replicate that.

I don't see anyone putting him down on last nights game.

"Typically frustrating performance" was one such laughable critique.

On the contrary. I think most of the discussion today is the difference in his Country form to that of his club, and why he hasn't been able to replicate that.

I don't see anyone putting him down on last nights game.
His breakthrough to being one of the world's best came at club level first, and it was only after he'd become so productive for City that he started banging them in for England.

He's had a few months of poor form for City, but the break probably did him good, so he was raring to go for the Euros. In the last few games for City, probably because he's got more pressure for his place, he's looked to be trying too hard if anything.

His breakthrough to being one of the world's best came at club level first, and it was only after he'd become so productive for City that he started banging them in for England.

He's had a few months of poor form for City, but the break probably did him good, so he was raring to go for the Euros. In the last few games for City, probably because he's got more pressure for his place, he's looked to be trying too hard if anything.
Do you not think it is more to do with the role being asked of him for England is more suited to his skills, hence why he produces better performances internationally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.