#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at his stats he is one the best players in world football.

We have him for one more season then he be gone on a free where no idea but if Haaland comes he will have a great assist stat next season.

When you look at his stats he is one the best players in world football.

Not over the last couple of years. 10 league goals last season, 10 league goals this season - that’s 14 less than Son in the same time period for example. He’s currently operating along the same level as the likes of Zaha, Bowen and Raphinha, and those three play for teams that create far fewer chances than we do.

Great signing. Contributed a lot to our success. But the great players Ya Ya , De Bruyne , Kompany etc perform against top opposition. Sterling sadly never does. I stand to be corrected but I can’t think of a major contribution in a semi final,final or league decider. (Apart from winning penalty v Chelsea). You may argue there may be other City players you could say the same about but he’s been with us for some time

You’ve got to love Sterling for the contributions he’s made since he came to the club. However, when he’s ever had to step up as a leader of this team when the other leaders are absent, has he ever done it?

I can’t remember a single time he’s done it.

It’s a shame, but he appears to be a player who has good stats as long as our best players are around him. Still love him for those stats, stats that will see him remembered in the record books as one of our best ever players, but he’ll never go down as one of our best ever players in my book.

Performances like yesterday are why. Meek, lack of leadership, lack of quality when he hasn’t got others around him making or helping things happen for him. He’s been here for 6 years, played in countless big games, he’s supposed to be one of the leaders in this team and he’s paid at that level… but he just doesn't seem to have it in him.

Even when our best players and leaders are around him, he doesn’t often have great games in the biggest games. I can think of Liverpool at home in the 2-1 2019 win and Spurs at home in the 2019 CL ¼ final where he’s played really well in a big game. Other than that, I’m scratching my head, and he’s played in dozens of big games for us.

Very disappointing.

You’ve got to love Sterling for the contributions he’s made since he came to the club. However, when he’s ever had to step up as a leader of this team when the other leaders are absent, has he ever done it?

I can’t remember a single time he’s done it.

It’s a shame, but he appears to be a player who has good stats as long as our best players are around him. Still love him for those stats, stats that will see him remembered in the record books as one of our best ever players, but he’ll never go down as one of our best ever players in my book.

Performances like yesterday are why. Meek, lack of leadership, lack of quality when he hasn’t got others around him making or helping things happen for him. He’s been here for 6 years, played in countless big games, he’s supposed to be one of the leaders in this team and he’s paid at that level… but he just doesn't seem to have it in him.

Even when our best players and leaders are around him, he doesn’t often have great games in the biggest games. I can think of Liverpool at home in the 2-1 2019 win and Spurs at home in the 2019 CL ¼ final where he’s played really well in a big game. Other than that, I’m scratching my head, and he’s played in dozens of big games for us.

Very disappointing.
Good post. Sums up the dilemma well, good stats, bags of goals over 6 years but still disappointing both in big games and with his finishing

Not over the last couple of years. 10 league goals last season, 10 league goals this season - that’s 14 less than Son in the same time period for example. He’s currently operating along the same level as the likes of Zaha, Bowen and Raphinha, and those three play for teams that create far fewer chances than we do.

What he has given to us I ain’t going to have a go at him but he is one frustrating player to watch! Could start Wednesday and score a couple of tap ins because he be in the right place because of his movement in the box.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he be up for sale this summer but think had will leave on a free end of next season! Think if we don’t sell him this summer I feel he won’t be playing as many games as he usually does.

yes, if he plans to leave on free Pep aint gonna use him too much next season and waste too much playing time on him if he wants to leave anyway.

and also if the club wanted to keep him so much this would have been sorted out as there are rumours of contract negotiating for over 18 months now with him.

for a next big salary thats the best option for Sterling, if he can reduce the transfer fee to zero. I cannot see now many top teams that can pay that kind of salary to be jumping at the chance to pay around 50m for him and a big salary and a big singing on fee.
maybe PSG, but they might look around and find better than Sterling once Mbappe leaves them.
my other bet would be Arsenal, where him and Arteta could make a good combo, but they aint making CL so might not able to afford someone like Sterling this summer. and they need a RB and a good strong striker more than someone like Sterling really.

What he has given to us I ain’t going to have a go at him but he is one frustrating player to watch! Could start Wednesday and score a couple of tap ins because he be in the right place because of his movement in the box.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he be up for sale this summer but think had will leave on a free end of next season! Think if we don’t sell him this summer I feel he won’t be playing as many games as he usually does.

Agree. Wednesday is the perfect game for Raz. Get those stats up with a couple of tap ins. Yesterday was another example of his lack of world class quality.

As people have said what an enigma he is. At times it’s hard to believe he plays football almost every day, due to his appalling technique and touch. Other times he can go past anyone due to his great pace and his brilliant movement means he’ll always bag a decent amount of goals for us.

Great signing. Contributed a lot to our success. But the great players Ya Ya , De Bruyne , Kompany etc perform against top opposition. Sterling sadly never does. I stand to be corrected but I can’t think of a major contribution in a semi final,final or league decider. (Apart from winning penalty v Chelsea). You may argue there may be other City players you could say the same about but he’s been with us for some time
Honestly, I can't even remember the last time he scored a goal that meant anything. Its usually the 4th goal against Sporting Lisbon, or the 3rd Vs Norwich. The worst part is, hes a big name, and he's been pretty shite since that miss vs Lyon and he very rarely gets criticised by pundits (they're usually his friends). If Gabby played this bad, in this many big games, every pundit would talk about how he's "not really good enough to be at City" and "City need a much better striker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.