#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich man's Aaron Lennon. If he hadn't represented England or if he were from our academy, we would have binned him long ago.
if he wasn't good enough for england we wouldnt of bought him
,he was obviously good enough for england and has been good enough for us maybe up until now, we lack speedy forwards raheem is our only option at the moment

Posters were getting positively giddy about it at the time
The lad has game changing talent and borderline world class skills. We know that... we've seen him at his best for City and England.

Simple fact is that he's not delivering the goods. He's playing well within himself, and doesn't give any impression of giving a shit about it. As I see it, he's been little better than average at best since he got into his girly catfight with Gomez.

His head clearly isn't at City, and I doubt very much that his heart ever has been. His performances send a message that suggests he's pretty much done, dusted, and ready with his bags packed.

I honestly can't believe that Pep has any faith in him at all. Let's face it... On form over the last couple of years, if he wasn't playing for us, we probably wouldn't want to sign him. Certainly not for much more than £15-20m.

Worst technique of any of the players at kicking a ball and should be last in line for any free kicks or penalties its beyond belief why Pep allows him to take them
My heart sank when Mahrez ran over the ball and left it for Raheem. The most predictable miss ever.

Anyone who has watched Sterling in a pre-match warm up would know that he can't shoot from distance. He gets about 1 in 10 on target.

My heart sank when Mahrez ran over the ball and left it for Raheem. The most predictable miss ever.

Anyone who has watched Sterling in a pre-match warm up would know that he can't shoot from distance. He gets about 1 in 10 on target.
My heart sinks when I see him on the team sheet.
He must have some very awkward pics of Pep, there’s no other reason he gets a game.

if he wasn't good enough for england we wouldnt of bought him
,he was obviously good enough for england and has been good enough for us maybe up until now, we lack speedy forwards raheem is our only option at the moment

He was never good enough. His most productive season stat-wise, was his least impactul season, the same season where he missed empty net gainst Lyon.

Four bang average seasons out of seven reeks of mediocrity, but you can always count on him to score tap-ins against mid table sides to inflate his stats. When we need him to step up for the run in at the end of year, the part of the season where our top performers who were carrying him, start to get tired, he gets badly exposed.

Somehow all those runs that he is (not)famous for, disappear. His complete inability to cross, was partly the reason behind the lack of chances we created in the last season under Pellegrini, and we will bottle the league if we continue to rely on him.

Having him and Gabriel as our forwards, and seeing them miss chance after chance completely demoralises our creators, cherry on the top is his lack of ability to control the ball, and that renders our play into that usual tippy-tappy, when we need to score the goal.

The lad has game changing talent and borderline world class skills. We know that... we've seen him at his best for City and England.

Simple fact is that he's not delivering the goods. He's playing well within himself, and doesn't give any impression of giving a shit about it. As I see it, he's been little better than average at best since he got into his girly catfight with Gomez.

His head clearly isn't at City, and I doubt very much that his heart ever has been. His performances send a message that suggests he's pretty much done, dusted, and ready with his bags packed.

I honestly can't believe that Pep has any faith in him at all. Let's face it... On form over the last couple of years, if he wasn't playing for us, we probably wouldn't want to sign him. Certainly not for much more than £15-20m.
Good post, but "World Class Skills"? I genuinely haven't seen them - seen some good play from time to time, but World Class?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.