#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got caned on here for daring to call him out few weeks ago
all gone quiet now hasnt it?
Quite a few did and someone overstepped the mark when defending him by turning it into race.

I'm not sure he's a shit as some are making him out to be - he's better than a lot of the players some are likening him to. I'm not his biggest fan and never really have been, I didn't get all the hype, however I'll trust the manager's opinion and he sees something in him to keep him in as a starter.

He’s been a great player for us but it’s time to move on. For some reason his form & touch has dropped off a cliff for too long. Maybe peps tactics maybe he wants out.

hopefully he signs off winning champs league & the winning goal for us

Quite a few did and someone overstepped the mark when defending him by turning it into race.

I'm not sure he's a shit as some are making him out to be - he's better than a lot of the players some are likening him to. I'm not his biggest fan and never really have been, I didn't get all the hype, however I'll trust the manager's opinion and he sees something in him to keep him in as a starter.
Sometimes though pep can be wrong and he isn’t right all the time .

He’s been a great player for us but it’s time to move on. For some reason his form & touch has dropped off a cliff for too long. Maybe peps tactics maybe he wants out.

hopefully he signs off winning champs league & the winning goal for us
Maybe off the bench.
He shouldn’t be anywhere near a champs league final starting 11 if we get there!

Good post. Sums up the dilemma well, good stats, bags of goals over 6 years but still disappointing both in big games and with his finishing
Yeah that’s it. Unfortunately hitting the 4th goal against Watford or the 5th against Sporting isn’t really what puts you down as one of the greats.
It’s big moments in big games that are teetering on a knife edge where the top players produce moments of brilliance to decide a game. Has Sterling ever done that?
I can certainly remember several chances he’s spurned however.

He was never good enough. His most productive season stat-wise, was his least impactul season, the same season where he missed empty net gainst Lyon.

Four bang average seasons out of seven reeks of mediocrity, but you can always count on him to score tap-ins against mid table sides to inflate his stats. When we need him to step up for the run in at the end of year, the part of the season where our top performers who were carrying him, start to get tired, he gets badly exposed.

Somehow all those runs that he is (not)famous for, disappear. His complete inability to cross, was partly the reason behind the lack of chances we created in the last season under Pellegrini, and we will bottle the league if we continue to rely on him.

Having him and Gabriel as our forwards, and seeing them miss chance after chance completely demoralises our creators, cherry on the top is his lack of ability to control the ball, and that renders our play into that usual tippy-tappy, when we need to score the goal.
A little bit harsh but I think it fair to say that his career at City will be remembered as one of a few bright sparks but a lot of frustration and underachievement. The fact that he has yet to turn in a meaningful performance against his former club and our main rivals in recent years frames the debate to a large extent. His relatively good performances for his country while he has stagnated for us is also annoying. It has all the hallmarks of what would be an agreeable divorce should he depart in the summer.

Yeah that’s it. Unfortunately hitting the 4th goal against Watford or the 5th against Sporting isn’t really what puts you down as one of the greats.
It’s big moments in big games that are teetering on a knife edge where the top players produce moments of brilliance to decide a game. Has Sterling ever done that?
I can certainly remember several chances he’s spurned however.
He has scored many last min goals to get us the win , short memory there

Terribly inconsistent these days, seems to fill his boots on the goals and assists front against the dross (Norwich away). Has been hauled off recently in big matches he has started (Everton away, Spurs home, Atletico home) and really didn't do much against Man Utd or Liverpool in the league.
Was utter mince yesterday. Living to a degree on past glories at the moment and needs to do more. I don't see what he is doing to justify a start right now.
Certainly got his supporters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.