#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some serious straw clutching on this thread relating to today's game. I'd agree his movement and work-rate are good but that's the very least you'd expect at this level against a seriously mediocre opposition. There was no significant end-product and I get the impression that even his own teammates don't have a great deal of confidence in him.

There was one attack in the first half where he was the obvious outlet but was ignored. I saw him hold his arms out, effectively asking "Why didn't you give it to me?" I think many of us know the answer to that.

How has he become so ineffective in the box?

Movement is excellent but the end product is terrible.

He's been vital to many titles we've won but for me it's time to move on.

Got to the point where I don’t even expect him to do anything with the ball in front of goal. Such a poor finisher this season and seems to be getting worse, time to leave me thinks

He makes all the wrong decisions and play breaks down more with him than any other player, i'll be pleased if we sell abroad, if he stays he is a RW full stop when we have Gabby, Alvarez, Mahrez & Phil also Bernie can play there

Firstly let me start with this, i believe that raheem will sign a new contract keeping him at the club till hes 30+. Now my point, The scary thing about Raheem is this, in 10 years there will be people doing all time PL xi, and because they will look at the trophies he's won with us, and how he always gets praise by pundits for doing the bare minimum ( his friends) They will include him in an All time PL XI ahead of truly great players like Salah, Hazard, Kane and Mane, when he should be nowhere near them. I feel history will be extremely kind to this guy. He had 2 and a half great seasons in his 7 year City career. The rest he's been average in a hugely successful team.

If we have genuine centre forwards and Sterling was played as a right winger then I believe he’d get 15 assists a season and worth keeping -

If we get a traditional 9, I'd keep Raz. His best statistical years have been when playing with a true CF, also one of the reasons he is one of the better national team performers when playing next to Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.