#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of sterling’s biggest critics but I have to admit IF Haaland comes he might greatly benefit from having a proper 9 next to him.

Good article by Micah on the BBC today. Maybe he doesn't articulate it quite as well as Nedum has done but he does a good job of highlighting the discrepancy between what many City fans claim Sterling is and what the reality is.

I fully expect him to leave because I just think he would have renewed by now otherwise. But I'll wish him the best as someone who has played as much as he has, scored as many as he has, won as many trophies as he has and conducted himself as well as he has.

He might rarely get the recognition he deserves and I've given up trying to understand exactly how he's gotten so far under the skin of a certain section of our fan base but, as far as I'm concerned, he'll go down as a legend of the club.

Enjoyed the article, but honestly I think the disconnect between sterling and the city fans has more to do with his business like demeanor and displaying less than zero affection or connection to City as a club despite being here for 7 years. If you compare him to Kompany, Zaba or even de Bruyne. There just isn't a sense he cares about City. Which is fine, not every player is like that or can be like that and if they deliver goals and points for City that's fantastic. But when there's no connection, it's purely about doing it on the pitch, when you have bad form like sterling has had in recent years then there's no sympathy or desire for you to get good again, people just want you gone instead.

But man is running down his deal so he can walk over the road to one of our rivals right now, and no legend of the club would be doing that. I think his Legacy will be a bit like Tevez or something in the end. Appreciated and important but with asterisks. No statue for him.

Raheem Sterling on his #ManCity future: "At the minute, I'm happy to be playing, to contribute. That’s the most important thing. It would be selfish to speak of any contract situation." [via
@MikeMinay
So, not exactly an unequivocal declaration of love for his club or commitment to stay. He's clearly laying the ground for a possible move in the summer. High time we called Sterling's bluff by setting a deadline for signing a new contract after which we thank the lad for his service and bid him farewell. On current form, it would be unforgivable if he was allowed to run down his contract and leave for nothing.

So, not exactly an unequivocal declaration of love for his club or commitment to stay. He's clearly laying the ground for a possible move in the summer. High time we called Sterling's bluff by setting a deadline for signing a new contract after which we thank the lad for his service and bid him farewell. On current form, it would be unforgivable if he was allowed to run down his contract and leave for nothing.
If he had talked about negotiations or the like he would have got slagged off for inappropriate ahead of tomorrows game , haters are just going to hate whatever he does or says

I think he will be gone in the summer but if he doesn't it no drama he's always ready to play never injured plus English he's definitely paid us back with the goals he's scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.