#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raheem Sterling on his #ManCity future: "At the minute, I'm happy to be playing, to contribute. That’s the most important thing. It would be selfish to speak of any contract situation." [via
@MikeMinay
Yea because you are running the contract down. He is pulling a Milner on us. Shame, he has served us well over the years but trying to leave for free is not on. The club is owed a decent fee.

If he had talked about negotiations or the like he would have got slagged off for inappropriate ahead of tomorrows game , haters are just going to hate whatever he does or says
You'd start a fight in an empty house! Where did I say I hated him? In common with all City fans, I want every player on our books to do well. In my view though, Sterling's body language and form has, for some time now, been that of a man who doesn't appear particularly happy with his lot. Who knows, a move might be good for him and the club? Whether I rate him or not, it's a simple fact that his latest statement offers no reassurance to fans in that regard.

Yea because you are running the contract down. He is pulling a Milner on us. Shame, he has served us well over the years but trying to leave for free is not on. The club is owed a decent fee.

That is a fan's view, but not sure that players think like that when contacts are involved.

That is a fan's view, but not sure that players think like that when contacts are involved.
I am sure sterling is thinking about a big fat signing on bonus. Players who run down contracts disrespect the club imo. Leave by all means but do so in a respectful manner.

Greed and self preservation is what makes the world turn after all.

Why are we not?
You’re the one who stated it. I was asking your reasoning.

However, a player can honour his contract however he likes. It was agreed to by both him and the club. People may not like it, ala Milner, however they can stay the duration and leave for free if they wish. We are owed nothing, nor is he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.