#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raheem has been immense for us. I'll be honest he's far exceeded the expectations I had of him when he first arrived. However, his abilities as a footballer, and also his most infuriating weakness, are now set in stone: when relying on his instincts he's outstanding but whenever he has to dwell on a chance his composure just wilts.

Alas, that's never going to change.

That being said he has been imperative to our successes in recent seasons, so deserves total credit. Can see him starting the Leicester match because his form seems to ratchet up several notches when he's with England.

Raheem has been immense for us. I'll be honest he's far exceeded the expectations I had of him when he first arrived. However, his abilities as a footballer, and also his most infuriating weakness, are now set in stone: when relying on his instincts he's outstanding but whenever he has to dwell on a chance his composure just wilts.

Alas, that's never going to change.

That being said he has been imperative to our successes in recent seasons, so deserves total credit. Can see him starting the Leicester match because his form seems to ratchet up several notches when he's with England.
With England but not with us hate to say it but he weakens our team when he starts so if we are to win these games he can’t start .

With England but not with us hate to say it but he weakens our team when he starts so if we are to win these games he can’t start .
I agree his presence does weaken us in comparison with the other options we have.However.....to suggest we won't win because of his presence is a bit of stretch.

I agree his presence does weaken us in comparison with the other options we have.However.....to suggest we won't win because of his presence is a bit of stretch.
In these games when you only have one or two clear cut chances would you want the chances falling to sterling .

for that third one isnt salah ahead of him on that one in less games? so hes not likley to become that any time soon unless salah were to leave the dippers?
Technically, yes, but I think calling Salah a winger is being extremely lenient.

Technically, yes, but I think calling Salah a winger is being extremely lenient.
plays same position as sterling? both right footed on the left wing. Salah probably takes players on more than sterling does on that side. On the left sterlings main game is making runs into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.