#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling can't be a focal point of this team tho thats why pep prefers grealish and foden there. Sterling is a very good goal scorer but lets be real salah is a better play than him, If salah was in our team he'd out score sterling and contribute more. Sterling may not have been the focal point in previous years but he has had the perfect role which allowed him to get loads of goals. Once the system change happened last season sterling struggled.

Yes, and we were worse off for it. Our problem in the CL final was that we didn't have a goalscorer because our best fit scorer had spent half the season off the bench as punishment for a couple of bad games.

Yes, and we were worse off for it. Our problem in the CL final was that we didn't have a goalscorer because our best fit scorer had spent half the season off the bench as punishment for a couple of bad games.
We wouldn't have made it to the final without the new system it kept us a lot more solid at the back.

We wouldn't have made it to the final without the new system it kept us a lot more solid at the back.
If anything Pep has mostly played with the handbrake on in Europe rather than off when we’ve come up short. Had the best or 2nd best squad in Europe for over 4 years and finally got to runners up spot after a particularly easy run. Had to happen eventually but let’s not get too giddy about that system.

I wanted him to get subbed after 5 mins. Terrible cameo he looks so lazy compared to how he plays for England. He needs to get sold simple
He was shite when he came on today.

He is a different player for England so that says to me it's an attitude problem. Probably sulking cos he's on the bench.

He is a different player for England so that says to me it's an attitude problem. Probably sulking cos he's on the bench.
International games are more open. England aren’t good in midfield so teams don’t have to sit back all game against us, and that suits Sterling more.

International games are more open. England aren’t good in midfield so teams don’t have to sit back all game against us, and that suits Sterling more.

Either way it doesn't look good for his future here. Especially now we have Grealish. He got cut some slack for playing shit last season but if he keeps it up this season as well I think we will look to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.