#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more players we bring in who have superior touch and control, the more exposed other players will be. Sterling is just one of the first to be exposed in this regard. When we were playing expansively, with Sane and Jesus, his touch and control were less of an issue, but now every loose touch is magnified, and the more of them he has the weaker he will appear.

Looked like he didn't want to come on and force his way into the side. Jogging around 2/3 minutes after coming on whilst Bernardo burns past him to press somebody he should have been on didn't look good. I felt the sub was a good move at the time, just scored Leicester looking to get back into it, spaces will appear and they did, ideal for sterling to take advantage of but didn't seem bothered.

That half chance where Grealish played a ball over to him and instead of controlling it with his left or his body before hitting it on the turn left footed he decided to let it bounce then try some weird stretched lob because the ball had gone was classic sterling, his control and technique is just abysmal. Won't find his playtime improve with that kind of performance.

Looked like he didn't want to come on and force his way into the side. Jogging around 2/3 minutes after coming on whilst Bernardo burns past him to press somebody he should have been on didn't look good. I felt the sub was a good move at the time, just scored Leicester looking to get back into it, spaces will appear and they did, ideal for sterling to take advantage of but didn't seem bothered.

That half chance where Grealish played a ball over to him and instead of controlling it with his left or his body before hitting it on the turn left footed he decided to let it bounce then try some weird stretched lob because the ball had gone was classic sterling, his control and technique is just abysmal. Won't find his playtime improve with that kind of performance.
about sums it up for me..

If anything Pep has mostly played with the handbrake on in Europe rather than off when we’ve come up short. Had the best or 2nd best squad in Europe for over 4 years and finally got to runners up spot after a particularly easy run. Had to happen eventually but let’s not get too giddy about that system.
Particularly easy run? Dortmund and PSG with Chelsea in the final, yeah right.

don't know if i'm being harsh on him or not. Just lets you down every time the ball's near him. I think for his sake he needs a new club. hopefully outside of england because I am sure wherever he goes he'll be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.