#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then people need to chill out. It's mad that our fans have let themselves get so frustrated with every bad touch or miss that they've convinced themselves he's not a great player.

Foden has 23 G+A this season, Sterling has 22 (Foden has 3 more starts). And yet one is considered to be below the standards we need while the other is considered an essential player and is even in contention to win YPotY. Why are they held to such vastly different standards? It's not because Foden's young, as he's now been a regular for several seasons.
Sterling is definitely held to a different standard as Foden imo. I've a lot of time for Phil but on a bad day he's invisible. Bernie, who I also have a lot of time for, has quiet days too. But when Sterling has a bad day it's like a KDB bad day, it's easy to notice he's off because he never stops trying. He can be uneconomical. But this is something that runs through the whole team. We must be the only team where 5 nil win can leave you feeling like it should've been ten!

It’s inexcusable if you can’t do the basics right. In this case stats are hiding the flaws. It’s unbelievable what his stats could be if he had the added composure to his game.

He is obviously a good player, all i think is he is a level below where we are at the moment. Not many people are enthused to see him starting or coming off the bench nowadays or have any trust to change a game or score that vital goal in the biggest of games or not fluff his lines in a 1v1 which he nearly always does.

People act like we can’t do better, there are better players out there. Not just anyone can replace him because he is effective with his movement but it probably is time for both parties to move on.
Sometimes a fresh start is needed. A couple of new wingers will be needed over the next few years anyway and players will inevitably be moved on.

Grealish can do nothing but the basics right and everyone's happy to treat him like the next Messi?

Grealish can do nothing but the basics right and everyone's happy to treat him like the next Messi?

Based on history players deserve to be judged from their second year onwards. If after next season its still the same then I am sure he will get plenty of stick.

How many times did he lose possession though?
Well done on the goals, but they don’t make up for the amount of times he loses the ball to put us under pressure and the poor performances in the last 2 years.
I’d be comfortable with him moving on.
^^Precisely this^^.

Two delicious goals and well done for those, but in the first five minutes he'd given the ball away twice. He is the only player that does this consistently - so bloody irritating if only he could get this out of his game he'd be brilliant, but this season he has not been able to, would like to see us cash in on him and as others have said, upgrade.

Haters going to hate.
Are we not allowed to be critical without being called a hater?

To me Sterling started well for us but over the last two seasons has not really been as effective as I would like to see. He misses too many one on one opportunities and seems forever to lose us possession - he is past his sell by date in my opinion.

To me Sterling started well for us but over the last two seasons has not really been as effective as I would like to see. He misses too many one on one opportunities and seems forever to lose us possession - he is past his sell by date in my opinion.
Lol, back in feb/ march time he was fab, short memory

He’s as frustrating as fuck, but still produces the numbers with game changing goals, they’re not robots, wish a few more could do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.