#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times did he lose possession though?
Well done on the goals, but they don’t make up for the amount of times he loses the ball to put us under pressure and the poor performances in the last 2 years.
I’d be comfortable with him moving on.
As often as KDB and Gundo

One of his best performances this season, I hope he can keep it up till the end of the season.

^^Precisely this^^.

Two delicious goals and well done for those, but in the first five minutes he'd given the ball away twice. He is the only player that does this consistently - so bloody irritating if only he could get this out of his game he'd be brilliant, but this season he has not been able to, would like to see us cash in on him and as others have said, upgrade.
He lost possession 14 times at the weekend. Mahrez lost possession 13 times in the first leg against RM. Once again, why is sterling held to different standard even tho so many people don’t think he’s got half the ability.

It’s inexcusable if you can’t do the basics right. In this case stats are hiding the flaws. It’s unbelievable what his stats could be if he had the added composure to his game.

He is obviously a good player, all i think is he is a level below where we are at the moment. Not many people are enthused to see him starting or coming off the bench nowadays or have any trust to change a game or score that vital goal in the biggest of games or not fluff his lines in a 1v1 which he nearly always does.

People act like we can’t do better, there are better players out there. Not just anyone can replace him because he is effective with his movement but it probably is time for both parties to move on.
Sometimes a fresh start is needed. A couple of new wingers will be needed over the next few years anyway and players will inevitably be moved on.

Inexcusable to who?

Its sure as shit not inexcusable to Pep, because he keeps playing him and wants to give him another 5 year contract.

Inexcusable to who?

Its sure as shit not inexcusable to Pep, because he keeps playing him and wants to give him another 5 year contract.

Pretty sure he has hinted at the same thing a few times and he doesn’t start nearly as much as used to which was every game. That tells you everything you need to know on how he is rated.

Of course the club doesn’t want to lose him for nothing.

Well, let’s see what one of Peps players says about losing the ball and Peps opinion if it.
The coach is someone that -- if you lose the ball after a one-on-one, he won't be angry with you.​
"He'll always encourage you to continue by saying to you 'if you don't get by once, twice, three times, you'll get by the next time.'"​
In the game, when you're faced by two or three players, you know that there's a risk of losing the ball.​
"But you know that the coach understands that risk. From the start of the season, I remember him telling me after a match 'don't ever stop yourself from dribbling.'"​

Oh look, he doesn’t give a shit. Who could have guessed (except anyone who’s watched us play for the last 6 years)

Pretty sure he has hinted at the same thing a few times and he doesn’t start nearly as much as used to which was every game. That tells you everything you need to know on how he is rated.

Oh and also Sterling has played more minutes and started more games than any other RW option at the club.

He lost possession 14 times at the weekend. Mahrez lost possession 13 times in the first leg against RM. Once again, why is sterling held to different standard even tho so many people don’t think he’s got half the ability.
He loses possession regularly and equally regularly he misses very simple scoring opportunities, like I say, I don't dislike him, how could I? I don't know him but he does not quite cut it for me in a City shirt and I think we'd be better off cashing in on him and getting a better replacement. I apologise if my opinion offend you... Plus I personally consider Mahrez to be a better alternative, though I agree, he too at times, can be quite frustrating.

Last edited:
Row G right side of East Stand on Saturday I watched him closely and he was busy and the best game I‘ve seen him play in ages. Needed to go alone more instead of looking for a pass but was of value and impressed.
Don’t get me wrong the bloke frustrates the life out of me, always has but if he could be as effective against top sides as he seemed to be yesterday he would shut a lot of us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.