#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s different between your team now and 2 years ago which means Sterling isn’t suited anymore?
The only major difference between now and back then is that there's enough top competition (Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Jesus) that he won't get consistent minutes which has maybe thrown him a bit, which is normal.

The people in this thread advocating for him to go are very likely the same people that were doing it two years ago when he scored 31 goals in a season.

The only major difference between now and back then is that there's enough top competition (Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Jesus) that he won't get consistent minutes which has maybe thrown him a bit, which is normal.

The people in this thread advocating for him to go are very likely the same people that were doing it two years ago when he scored 31 goals in a season.
The major difference is he doesn't play as well. I always preferred him on the right, although you rightly point out his 2019 goal tally. Incidentally I was about 12 pounds lighter and wasn't scared of getting the flu in 2019. Things do change.

Clear drop in quality when he came on. I can see why Pep brought him on, knowing the game would have to open up, but his struggle continues

Yup- could see Pep’s thinking with the sub but couldn’t help but feel sorry for Ferran who did all the hard graft up top for the majority of the game only to be taken off when he might have bagged a couple at a time when Leicester were tiring & finally leaving gaps in behind.

What’s different between your team now and 2 years ago which means Sterling isn’t suited anymore?
By not playing with a recognised striker, there is even greater emphasis on ball retention higher up the pitch, particularly against better teams, and any player whose first touch and control isn’t optimal will stick out.

In games that are open and Sterling is facing their goal and has green grass ahead of him, then that suits his strengths.

Seems a bit daft that he gets brought on and plays up top when Jesus is on the wing. I get that Jesus is now considered a winger, but surely if that sub is made then Jesus switches to striker and Raz goes out on the wing, makes far more sense than watching him struggle so painfully through the middle.

It’s not even the fact he struggles when he’s on. It’s more the fact he plays and acts like he’s sulking. Can’t hang onto players cause of what they’ve done in the past. I’d happily move him on this summer trouble is who can afford him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.