#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't work out a swap deal involving FDJ then I'd keep him to be honest.

He will absolutely thrive playing with Haaland and vice versa.

He's our fastest player, pulls defenders all over the place. Has a god awful shot.

But I think his positions pull open teams for our better shooters to score way more than we realize. He also is a good passer around the box.

I think we might miss him more than we'll realize.

But his finishing truly is god awful sometimes.
It's more than just the awful finishing, the dribbling into players and falling over because he can't make a decision, the awful passing and for someone with his pace being offside far too much.

Having pace and positing is pointless when he can't pick a pass and execute or just bloody falls over to me it's a wasted player in the side

I would rather he just moved on if I'm honest. His overall game is far from the levels we need.
This VV

Last 2 Seasons for me his form has declined considerably.

His lack of work rate to compensate for his over all poor form is starting to grate on me a bit also.

He could have had a hat-trick of Tap ins from lovely crosses last night just by showing a little bit more effort.

I think a move to Barcelona with De Jong coming our way would be a good bit of business for Raheem and us :-)

It's more than just the awful finishing, the dribbling into players and falling over because he can't make a decision, the awful passing and for someone with his pace being offside far too much.

Having pace and positing is pointless when he can't pick a pass and execute or just bloody falls over to me it's a wasted player in the side
It must be really hard to perform at the highest level when you know that 50% of the people who pay to watch you play are jut waiting for you to f*ck up so they can have a go at you.

It must be really hard to perform at the highest level when you know that 50% of the people who pay to watch you play are jut waiting for you to f*ck up so they can have a go at you.
I dont think that's the case at all, i would love him to perform, he has had too many chances now, he reminds me of the type of drop off Steven Ireland had, from worldbeater to awful.

i dont buy into it being confidence thats effecting him for someone who is supposedly suffering with confidence he is very sure of himself expecting a transfer to one of Europe's best teams, I bet Newcastle wouldn't even be interested.

He's our fastest player, pulls defenders all over the place. Has a god awful shot.

But I think his positions pull open teams for our better shooters to score way more than we realize. He also is a good passer around the box.

I think we might miss him more than we'll realize.

But his finishing truly is god awful sometimes.
He's an enigma. Doesnt really seem to have much technical ability then will curl one in the top corner from 20 yards. He's been one of our most consistent goal threats despite missing simple tap ins so he's doing something right. Its just when he's off it looks twice as bad.

Can never fault his self belief or determination though. Even when he misses or things arent going for him, he keeps getting in the positions and never hides.

It does look like his time with us is coming to a close and we'll see if we do miss him more than we know.

Everything he tried to execute last night didn't come off, he was at fault for their goal.

You only have to see Pep reaction to him turning the ball over cheaply when no safe pass was on.

I loved watching him run at people against Leeds and that's the player I always thought he would be.

Everything he tried to execute last night didn't come off, he was at fault for their goal.

You only have to see Pep reaction to him turning the ball over cheaply when no safe pass was on.

I loved watching him run at people against Leeds and that's the player I always thought he would be.
For the amount of chances he has his finishing is dreadful.

I blame Cancelo. It was a basic overlap play. And Sterling was within common sense to expect that Cancelo would curl around him for a pass. But Cancelo didn't. Wanted the ball in a less advantageous position.

I think that threw Sterling off. Also while I was disappointed with his misses, I though he had a good game overall

This VV

Last 2 Seasons for me his form has declined considerably.

His lack of work rate to compensate for his over all poor form is starting to grate on me a bit also.

He could have had a hat-trick of Tap ins from lovely crosses last night just by showing a little bit more effort.

I think a move to Barcelona with De Jong coming our way would be a good bit of business for Raheem and us :-)
He looks disinterested too. It's just time to leave. Whatever it is he brings to the team just isn't enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.