#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to this rumor he is considering Barca?

He doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near this team at the moment
He has been awful for a long time
His decision making at critical times and finishing is not there
As such he needs to take a chance, pep will now just play people who are in form instead
To be honest I think he is done here

Remains to be seen if he is done here.

However he needs an extended period out of the side like Stones. It won't happen though.

After Raheem suffered years of abuse from the media and supporters of other clubs, it saddens me that we are heading in the same direction. He wasn’t the problem yesterday!

He wasn't the answer either and for the wages he commands that's a problem.

He couldn't control simple 10 yard passes.

Gundogan didn't play well either but he was outstanding last season so it's out of the ordinary, it's expected with Sterling who only played well for England.

Apart from playing in the same areas.

In buying Grealish we've effectively displaced Sterling.
You could argue that Grealish has displaced Sterling from his favoured position, but I don’t think he would have done so had Sterling been any fucking good.

When you look at our frontline, I would say at the start of the season all 3 positions were up for grabs. With Foden being injured, and after having a strong Euros, Sterling should have been a shoe-in for any one of the positions. He and Mahrez were absolutely abysmal at Spurs, so bad that after a single game, Pep clearly thought he was not having any more of it.

With Sane and Aguero gone and Jesus not having made it in the position he was bought for, Sterling should have never had it so easy at City. He should be one of the 1st names on the team-sheet, with the rest fighting it out for the other two positions. He has been so bad that I reckon he is now 6th choice at best for any of the front 3 positions. With that in mind, it can be argued that Grealish was an absolute must buy.

How on earth has he gone from a 20 goal a season player to this? Been absolutely terrible since start of last season at this point he should only get starts in the league Cup he's that bad

Any truth to this rumor he is considering Barca?

I think a move away now will be the best thing for him and the best thing for city.

the soap opera of will sterling find his form again for city has gone on too long now. He needs a move away , a fresh start as do we.

He isn't a central striker. Pep switched it around at ht. He is either going to have to develop his game or move. I think he will move.

Grealish is a good player but we had 2 outstanding left sided forwards.
No, I agree, Raheem is never a centre forward.

You’re making the mistake of thinking they are the same thing. The media abuse was based around non-football related issues. The current situation is very much related to his on-field problems. You cannot expect his shocking performances to pass without comment. It’s not just the fans BTW, Pep has spoken loud and clear by dropping him like a stone from his previous untouchable position in the side.
I'm not making that mistake at all. Yes, he was poor, but you can see from his body langauage that his confidence has gone. making him a scapegoat isn't the answer. Some players yesterday couldnt make a 5 yard pass-over and over again. Perhaps that's the reason we never got near their goal?

I'm not making that mistake at all. Yes, he was poor, but you can see from his body langauage that his confidence has gone. making him a scapegoat isn't the answer. Some players yesterday couldnt make a 5 yard pass-over and over again. Perhaps that's the reason we never got near their goal?
If his confidence is gone, he shouldn't be playing. The team were poor yesterday, but that was not expected.

Expecting Sterling to turn up and play to his best after months of mediocrity wasn't likely.

He should be no where near the starting 11 for the three big games on the horizon, even if he plays on Tues and has a blinder.

Apart from playing in the same areas.

In buying Grealish we've effectively displaced Sterling.
To be honest I don’t think either of them are the best at the club as the left sided attacker in a front 3. Raz was terrible there all last season though and for much of the season before. Yes he scored plenty that season with his ability to ghost in whilst we had a striker but I’m talking about his general play 2 seasons ago being awful then too from the left. Many were blind to it at the time though due to goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.