#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought there were two or three occasions when a greedy, on form striker would have nosed straight in on goal, but Sterling is not that and never struck me today as having the confidence to do that. Pity.
But you have to give him credit for getting in those positions. He did much more than Grealish today. And to be honest as frustrating as Sterling can be he always gives effort, and he presses which is as big a part of the game as anything. Now he just needs a few goals to get his confidence back.

The only thing about that performance which I’d like to have seen him do better was putting more pace on the ball across goal to Foden which was dealt with.
Other than that he did just fine.

It came out a couple of days ago that he was determined to force his way back into the team, which makes the hesitation when he was played through so frustrating.

Second time you've resorted to personal insults today, you must live a miserable life mate.

I dont rate Sterling, get over it.
Fair dos but he did fuck all wrong today to warrant grief.
You been on the Grealish thread out of interest?

When you jump on this thread after the game to post this after watching Raz there's something more fuckin sinister.
Sinister?

No its just a comment born after watching Sterling kill several attacks today with his usual indecisiveness and lack of technical ability.

Some seemingly clinging onto him redescovering past seasons. Not happening.

Feel for Torres when Sterling is getting brought on to play up top. When he ran onto that ball at the end and he had time to think about what was happening, I knew the attack was over. An in form quality player in that position there makes something happen.

Sterling was the correct call from Pep, his pace behind their high line was a threat and stopped them pressing us when they got on top briefly. Granted when he got it he looked abysmal but the sheer threat of his pace and runs even if they lead to nothing currently offers more to the side than anybody else does in that false 9. That's probably saying more about the lack of a natural fit upfront than anything else but having come to expect the technical ability of a pub player once the world class movement has been found with a pass I've no issue with sterling playing. Any criticism of him today is unwarranted.

Sinister?

No its just a comment born after watching Sterling kill several attacks today with his usual indecisiveness and lack of technical ability.

Some seemingly clinging onto him redescovering past seasons. Not happening.
He killed fuck all. One cross across the box should have had a bit more pace but other than that you're chatting shite, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.