#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sadly I agree.
A couple of years ago I seriously thought with his movement and energy I thought he could turn into another Messi but his bad choices when we have a chance of goal have ,if anything, got worse. And he constantly stuffs up good chances.
That free kick on Saturday was abysmal.
I now want him to move on. I'd like to see us get our fee back at least. He has become a very willing but frustrating player and hasn't developed into a good enough forward for us.
We need a bit of a clear out.
A couple of years ago he had it all, but a change in the laws meant players play him and not the ball now, that and Pep trying to get him to evolve into more of a complete player has seen him struggle, if Arsenal put in a bid he will be off.

Has he lost a yard or 2 of pace recently? I could be wrong, but found there was a couple times the last few games where he's had chances either through on goal, or moving up the pitch, where he's been caught up pretty easily.

Still love Raz, feel like he'll be one who really benefits when we finally get a striker.

BTW if I were a betting man.. I'd put a tenner on Sterling moving on at the end of the season.

I think he will want more than his 300k a week in the new contract and I wouldn't blame City for being reluctant as the last 2 years of his production haven't quite justified it.

City may just sell him and tell everyone we're spending Sterling's 300k and Ferran Torres's 50k weekly wages on Haaland so no FFP abuse.

Would make perfect sense but I could be wrong ofcourse!

BTW if I were a betting man.. I'd put a tenner on Sterling moving on at the end of the season.

I think he will want more than his 300k a week in the new contract and I wouldn't blame City for being reluctant as the last 2 years of his production haven't quite justified it.

City may just sell him and tell everyone we're spending Sterling's 300k and Ferran Torres's 50k weekly wages on Haaland so no FFP abuse.

Would make perfect sense but I could be wrong ofcourse!
Whatever City do, they won’t be “telling everyone…“ what you suggest at all.

Has he lost a yard or 2 of pace recently? I could be wrong, but found there was a couple times the last few games where he's had chances either through on goal, or moving up the pitch, where he's been caught up pretty easily.

Still love Raz, feel like he'll be one who really benefits when we finally get a striker.
Yeah noticed that myself. Been a few times where he hasn’t backed his pace and has instead checked back.

He’s done really well for us but I feel like our fanbase treat him like a protected species - like he was just not allowed to be criticised.

We are competing with teams across Europe who have absolute killers in the final third. So I have never understood why we have persevered with a forward who absolutely nobody on here would back to finish a 1v1 in a big game.

It feels like we over egg some of his more intangible qualities such as his movement, because we can’t actually fathom how someone with so many limitations can have such a good output. I’ve got a slight feeling that some of our fanbase will only see Sterling’s limitations once he is replaced.

And I know that’s harsh, but so is top level football. If we are trying to be the best club in Europe we can not be having forwards who don’t deliver in the biggest games. With Raz I’ve always felt like you can tell which games or situations he is going to really struggle in.

yes, technically he is just so bad. wonder what Pep's opinion about him for someone who had Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta as players or some other great ones as team mates in the 90s, what he really thinks when Sterling cannot control a simple ball so often during games.

he does make up with his pressing, positioning skills with this more often than not, but still ball bounces off him way too often. and its not like his technique is improving despite the players he can watch since years in training.

imagine him with the technique of T. Henry.
Can’t tell you Pep’s personal opinion from the mouth but considering Sterling has made the most appearances of any player that Pep has managed, I’d say he thinks incredibly highly of him.

and again, not from pep, but Rodolfo Borrell put sterling as the second most talented player he’s ever coached, only behind Messi.

Quelle surprise. He's simply not up to this level.
Arguably our worst player of the trophy period. Certainly technically.
Our most played player of the trophy period also happens to be our worst player. Yep that makes perfect sense

Yeah that’s it. Unfortunately hitting the 4th goal against Watford or the 5th against Sporting isn’t really what puts you down as one of the greats.
It’s big moments in big games that are teetering on a knife edge where the top players produce moments of brilliance to decide a game. Has Sterling ever done that?
I can certainly remember several chances he’s spurned however.
Have you got the worst memory in history? Won us so many points in 17/18 with late goals, 18/19 scored so many openers, got 2 goals vs Spurs UCL and if not for VAR a Hattrick and tie winner, last season even when he was shit as so many like to say he scored big goals against arsenal twice, Fulham, Southampton, games which we needed to win and games we only won because of sterling. I cannot believe some of the things I’m reading on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.