#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t need to take my word for it. According to 93.20blue if pep is unhappy and lost faith in the guy that clearly indicates whatever good he does is outweighed by the bad he brings. He also mentioned that he is getting sold so...
The most causal analysis i've ever seen, doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that Sterling's strengths are in movement, positioning and speed which is why he gets many more high quality chances fall to him compared to Mahrez who is a great ball striker but weaker in those other aspects. Sterling also creates more space for others with his runs and movement which we'd see the benefits of more with an actual striker in the team

Despite his flaws he continues to get picked, and by all accounts the club want him to carry on.

He is good enough for us, and over the past five years has been one of our best. When he leaves, be it this summer, next summer or further down the track he will leave as one of our best performers of all time.

FWIW he had a shocker the other night.
Wouldn’t Pep’s expectation have been for the number of howlers to have reduced with time? If anything they seem to be just as frequent. Easy to forgive say the sitter he missed at Burnley in 2018 when he was 23, much more difficult to forgive them when he’s 27.

I don’t know if it’s true that Pep has finally run out of patience with him. But it would be understandable if he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.