75 | Nico O'Reilly - 2024/25

I just wouldn’t really judge him, if he played really well the praise would be too much.

In a way this could prove better.

Time will tell but agree with all those saying a season training with first team and minutes in only certain matches.

On the downside obviously not a Rodri replacement but a 19 y o playing first game really be able to play where the Ballon D’or does.
Only if his surname were Bellingham (I’m joking btw)

I thought he did alright. A few mistakes but to be expected from a teenager making their debut in a relatively tough environment

What I do think it shows is that we'd be crazy to not bring in a Rodri backup because of Nico. If there's not a player we like or anyone available then fine, but I don't think he's ready for significant minutes

Not - repeat not - a back up for Rodri this season. (Bookmarked).
Of course he won't be a back up to Rodri this season.
I doubt he'll make the match day squad but he has plenty of time ahead of him.
Its up to Pep whether he goes on loan or stays with us and learns from Pep himself.
We were missing loads of players from the starting line up today.
Hell be a top player in 2 years time but has a lot of learning ahead of him.

He is 19 in his first serious senior game. Of course he has a lot to learn but he is already very good. Yes he overdid some stuff and lost the ball a couple of times but he showed guts and talent. Pep sees something in him and that’s good enough for me.

I saw some criticism in the match thread that I thought was well OTT, especially given his age and the fact this was his first semi-competitive start for the senior team.

I thought he did pretty well given the circumstances, especially when you consider who he was filling in for, and how the opposition were playing.

For the times he gave away the ball, they were usually after he did something sublime, and I think it was nerves more than anything when it came to he final decision, which is completely understandable.

I, for one, will reserve my judgement for after I see him play more at or near this level, whether with us or on loan.

Of course he won't be a back up to Rodri this season.
I doubt he'll make the match day squad but he has plenty of time ahead of him.
Its up to Pep whether he goes on loan or stays with us and learns from Pep himself.
We were missing loads of players from the starting line up today.
Hell be a top player in 2 years time but has a lot of learning ahead of him.
The real question is who will be back up for the best in the world?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.