75 | Nico O'Reilly - 2024/25

I thought he showed some lovely passing and movement and whilst he gave the ball away a fair amount, his vision was good his execution poor. But not writing him off, a huge game for him and no surprise he struggled at times. He's got a nice technique and burst of speed. One for the future and hopefully can get game time through the season.

He will get better.

He does have a better first touch than that, but considering he likely had nerves in his first professional game for a trophy, he just needs time.

Bernie is a great person for him to learn from, shortest person winning a header like that, he needs that tenacity, that dog in him, with that frame, he will be a monster.

I thought he did alright. A few mistakes but to be expected from a teenager making their debut in a relatively tough environment

What I do think it shows is that we'd be crazy to not bring in a Rodri backup because of Nico. If there's not a player we like or anyone available then fine, but I don't think he's ready for significant minutes
Logic...

He's obviously very talented. He's just not ready. Not surprising. But anyone trying to project his long term possibilities off of a single match in August is just silly...silly I tell ya...

The lad must be buzzing after making his senior debut against the rags at Wembley. Reading some of the comments on here would bring him down to earth with a bang.

He played his part in a an ok performance against very experienced opposition players.
I’m sure a day he will never forget whatever he goes on to do in his career.

He'll have learned more today than in his last 15 eds games put together. He doesn't look a 6 and think his size has stuck him there as much as anything

If he released the ball earlier a couple time people would be raving about his performance. He dribbled too much, tried to beat the second and sometimes even the third man with his dribbling. Performance tonight, I didn't see anything that can't be worked on. He has all the physical tools to make it here.

Looked a bit rushed, had a few opportunities to open his stride and use his power to run but seemed a bit indecisive with it. No problems, it will come. I think a loan would be good.

Considering that he looks like he is still growing into his body id heavily recommend game time and that will only probably come via loan.

And as many others wrote atm he is best suited as a box to box if not as an outright attacking mid, so his development will need to be well thought out to maximize his rather rare skills (size with above average albeit raw technical ability)

Hope to see him working on his off the ball movement, he made him self difficult to receive the ball today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.