8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be in the minority here, but here it goes. I think Gundogan will leave on a high.

And I'm okay with it. Love him and want to remember his epic final season of this is it.

I hate when greats stay a year or 2 too long. I'd rather they left a year early than become role players at best and a shell of their greatest self.

The list of greats who stayed too long is long.

Love Gundogan. My second best City player since the takeover. But I'd be fine with him leaving on a high. And I think he will.
I agree,soon be 33....and with his history of fitness/injury issues he surely can't have a great deal left in his tank.
I also have the concern we could miss the boat with a replacement if he is on an extended contract.

A double,hopefully a treble....could not be a better moment to move on.

I'm going to be in the minority here, but here it goes. I think Gundogan will leave on a high.

And I'm okay with it. Love him and want to remember his epic final season of this is it.

I hate when greats stay a year or 2 too long. I'd rather they left a year early than become role players at best and a shell of their greatest self.

Love Gundogan. My second best City player since the takeover. But I'd be fine with him leaving on a high. And I think he will.
He could still play for a year and one optional one and leave overseeing the rebuild. I am certain we are losing Bernardo anyways. I don't think it's wise to lose them both in the same window when I don't see us being linked to any midfielders who have the potential to replace them

He could stay another couple of seasons and he will still leave on a high with unveiled statue and all...please stay Gundo...we love you!!!! I mean he still young right?

Edit: oh ok so he is turning 33 in October but still, some players have a better longetivity I suppose and Gundo looks in top shape
We need to keep evolving mate and keeping all the sane players year in tear out will bite us we need to bring in top quality younger hungry players who are looking for trophy’s . Love gundo and he is one of my favourites ever but it is time to go .

I agree with u if he was 35

The guy is still 31 & can still help the team

I still think he has a couple of years left at the top level, let's hope the reports are true and we can extend his contract.
I agree, he's only 32 and has never relied on pace or physicality because he is such an intelligent player and so technically gifted. Modric is almost 38 and is still playing at an incredibly high level.

Conversion is £86m per year, £1.65m per week.

Let’s be real, even multi-millionaires can’t reject that.

Let’s say a player was to play professional football for 15 years… They could average £110k per week over their career and still earn less in total than they’d earn during 1 year in Saudi Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.