8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is having a terrible season and not just one where you think it’s just purely down to being out of form. He looks done.

Most opposition find him ridiculously easy to get through in the middle of the park and when paired with KDB, it more often than not looks like we are playing with one midfielder (Rodri) when out of possession. Can probably do a job in front of Rodri and Bernie, but others would be preferable in that position and let’s face it, Bernie probably won’t be here next season anyway.

He has been a fantastic servant and pound for pound one of our best signings but as things stand, offering him a new deal looks like it would probably be a mistake.

Completely overrun. He wasn't helped by the fact Phillips was completely fucking useless in the DM role, never offering for the ball. It's no coincidence for me that he improved when Rodri came on. He's physically too weak and too slow now, and I'd be happy to see him go in the summer. I don't think it's worth keeping him for another season. The ideal situation would be keeping Bernardo and replacing Gundo with Bellingham. He's been excellent for us, but when you need someone to get a foothold in the game and dictate things he just can't do it now because of his age and historic injuries. Southampton bossed us last night.

Sad to read major criticism for our match winner against villa.he was our hero then,” the ghost at the back post”and all that.yes it wasn’t a great game from him but at his age he isn’t the engine in the midfield like KDB so maybe played out of position.either way, he deserves more respect in my book.

Was the leader, captain and senior player int he team last night and had an absolutely terrible game.

Sad to read major criticism for our match winner against villa.he was our hero then,” the ghost at the back post”and all that.yes it wasn’t a great game from him but at his age he isn’t the engine in the midfield like KDB so maybe played out of position.either way, he deserves more respect in my book.
Nothing to do with respect, in football your only as good as your last game, harsh but a fact.

Gundo has served this club magnificently , a wonderful player but sadly the end is near for him and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.