8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree because I feel its caused unnecessary worry amongst some of our fan base.He could have chosen his words far better.

I struggle to get my head around that take on it. It’s not as if his words could be a revelation to any of our fan base could they?

All the Blues I know have been studiously watching us play so they already knew the obvious truth of what he said. In fact they’d have been incredulous if he’d tried to dress it up differently.

Do you know any of our supporters who‘ve been thrown into despair by suddenly learning some awful truth from him? If so then you should tell them to watch us play more often and get enlightened.

I struggle to get my head around that take on it. It’s not as if his words could be a revelation to any of our fan base could they?

All the Blues I know have been studiously watching us play so they already knew the obvious truth of what he said. In fact they’d have been incredulous if he’d tried to dress it up differently.

Do you know any of our supporters who‘ve been thrown into despair by suddenly learning some awful truth from him? If so then you should tell them to watch us play more often and get enlightened.

We disagree,and just looking at the comments across social media...plenty of others do to.

Its behind closed doors stuff in my world.

We disagree,and just looking at the comments across social media...plenty of others do to.

Its behind closed doors stuff in my world.
Fair do’s to you. No obligation to agree.

In my world honesty is valued above all else and, as example, I cringe when Klopp comes our with words of comfort for the deluded ferals and blames the dipper‘s failures on the length of the grass length, the wind or the opposition being sneaky by not playing as he’d predicted.

Maybe you’re right, maybe our less attentive supporters have been watching us play but have somehow not twigged to the fact that we’ve not been at our shiny best.

Why is Gundogan deal being allowed to run down? Surely a 12 month rolling extension makes sense so that if he wants out we get a decent fee. Is this partly to do with why he senses something is not quite right in the way City are playing at the moment?

Why is Gundogan deal being allowed to run down? Surely a 12 month rolling extension makes sense so that if he wants out we get a decent fee. Is this partly to do with why he senses something is not quite right in the way City are playing at the moment?
He has always let his contracts run down then signs a new one

Seems to be gone in the summer. Great player, great servant to the club. This definitely point to Jude, doesn't it?

Am I crazy for thinking someone who's already sorted themselves out a new club should not be wearing the captain's armband?

Signing for another one of the biggest clubs in Europe, playing at the top level and ostensibly a rival in the CL is very different to retiring, or semi-retiring like Ferna or Kompany.

Am I crazy for thinking someone who's already sorted themselves out a new club should not be wearing the captain's armband?

Signing for another one of the biggest clubs in Europe, playing at the top level and ostensibly a rival in the CL is very different to retiring, or semi-retiring like Ferna or Kompany.

Nope. You're bang on. Our captain, and thus designated leader, has already decided to go. How the fuck can anyone take him 100% seriously when he's quite literally not committed to the club? He's allowed to leave and I have zero doubts he'll remain professional...but it is fair to conclude a small bit of him at least is somewhere else mentally.

Last edited:
Nope. You're bang on. Our captain, and thus designated leader, has already decided to go. How the fuck can anyone take him 100% seriously when he's quite literally not committed to the club? He's allowed to leave and I have zero doubts he'll remain professional...but it isn't fair to conclude a small bit of him at least is somewhere else mentally.
Ruben should be captain end of story

I won't question Gundo. He has been a good servant. Personally I wish him stay. But wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.