8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy for thinking someone who's already sorted themselves out a new club should not be wearing the captain's armband?

Signing for another one of the biggest clubs in Europe, playing at the top level and ostensibly a rival in the CL is very different to retiring, or semi-retiring like Ferna or Kompany.
It's only a rumour nothing stated yet. Also do you think the club weren't in the know about kompany leaving? Still lead us to a domestic treble.

Nope. You're bang on. Our captain, and thus designated leader, has already decided to go. How the fuck can anyone take him 100% seriously when he's quite literally not committed to the club? He's allowed to leave and I have zero doubts he'll remain professional...but it isn't fair to conclude a small bit of him at least is somewhere else mentally.
Did not seem a problem with Fernandihio and everyone knew he was leaving.

Did not seem a problem with Fernandihio and everyone knew he was leaving.
Dinho was going to Brazil to retire, and the club were happy for him to move on. He was finished at the top level, having given absolutely everything to the end.

Gundo is potentially leaving in his prime to go to a top European club and possibly play against us.

Not sure it's a great look for the club captain, especially with half the season left.

It's only a rumour nothing stated yet. Also do you think the club weren't in the know about kompany leaving? Still lead us to a domestic treble.

I literally explained why this would be different to Kompany in the post you replied to…

Dinho was going to Brazil to retire, and the club were happy for him to move on. He was finished at the top level, having given absolutely everything to the end.

Gundo is potentially leaving in his prime to go to a top European club and possibly play against us.

Not sure it's a great look for the club captain, especially with half the season left.
Hardly “his prime”, lol.

Am I crazy for thinking someone who's already sorted themselves out a new club should not be wearing the captain's armband?

Signing for another one of the biggest clubs in Europe, playing at the top level and ostensibly a rival in the CL is very different to retiring, or semi-retiring like Ferna or Kompany.
Sorry, I must have missed something. Where is he going, and what has he said about it?

He defo not in his prime. I’m not sure we’d get a fee from anyone he would want to play for. I don’t think he should be starting for us never mind be the captain. I think he’s part of the problem at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.