8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly “his prime”, lol.
I don't think it's unfair to say that a technical midfielder like Gundo reaches their prime in their early 30s. His game doesn't rely on legs. He only turned 32 a couple of months ago.

Look at the likes of Modric, Kroos, Xavi, Iniesta and even our own David.

He's certainly not showed major signs of slowing down over the last couple of years - I'd say he's aging like fine wine.

Dinho was going to Brazil to retire, and the club were happy for him to move on. He was finished at the top level, having given absolutely everything to the end.

Gundo is potentially leaving in his prime to go to a top European club and possibly play against us.

Not sure it's a great look for the club captain, especially with half the season left.
Gundo is finished at the very top level, especially in a physical league, he has been superb for us, a magnificent signing and people questioning his commitment to this club need to give their heads a wobble.

Just an absurd statement to make. I genuinely worry for you if you actually believe that.
He is, he has clearly struggled this season, I understand why he may go to Barca, a lot easier type of football/;league at his stage of his career.

And I don't see the club in any rush to offer him a new deal, which again may answer your question.

He is, he has clearly struggled this season, I understand why he may go to Barca, a lot easier type of football/;league at his stage of his career.

And I don't see the club in any rush to offer him a new deal, which again may answer your question.

He can still do a great job,but he has definitely lost his edge.

Thanks for the excellent service but time to make way for the new pup.

It's better to move on in time when it is beneficial to both parties. We are reaching end of our current midfield cycle so if Gundogan can ne happy somewhere else ans we are happy with young replacements then it's win win.
As for Gundo, he turned it around absolutely in 20-21 and scored important goals in 21-22.
He has served well very well.

Why on earth is he going there though.. They have Pedri, Gavi, FDJ, Kessie. Unless he'll play #6 with Busquets rested.

His missus will be happy with the paella instead of gruel that she eats here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.