8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had nothing left in the tank when he came off,he gave his all and left everything on the pitch.

He has been brilliant for us,but the engine is showing signs now.......and its an ideal time for him to drop a level and sign for Barcelona,while we try and mould a player that comes close to filling his magnificent boots.
I would rather see him back another year ... even two ... with a plan to manage his game time carefully while we train his replacement. It takes anyone time to learn how Pep wants his midfielders to play. But we need a replacement, I can't see him starting every game from here out.

When he goes, he'll always be remembered as an instrumental part of this side. And I'll certainly miss him.

He had nothing left in the tank when he came off,he gave his all and left everything on the pitch.

He has been brilliant for us,but the engine is showing signs now.......and its an ideal time for him to drop a level and sign for Barcelona,while we try and mould a player that comes close to filling his magnificent boots.

Agree, think he was flat out on 70 minutes. But he’d been incredible. There were times last night where he was powering away from their midfield..

He’s been an exceptional talent and arguable our most consistent player with Walker under Guardiola.

I’ll be devastated when he goes, but we don’t run on sentiment, and I think he’ll be gone.

He been amazing, one of the best midfielders of his generation.

I would rather see him back another year ... even two ... with a plan to manage his game time carefully while we train his replacement. It takes anyone time to learn how Pep wants his midfielders to play. But we need a replacement, I can't see him starting every game from here out.

When he goes, he'll always be remembered as an instrumental part of this side. And I'll certainly miss him.
He definitely hit the wall after an hour or so last night, but playing on Saturday wouldn’t have helped him and not having a reliable, trusted deputy for Rodri has meant that Gundogan has played more minutes than is ideal this season.

I think Gundogan is at the stage of his career where he should only be playing once a week, and kept back for the bigger games. As promising as Bellingham is, if we do sign him, he’s not as rounded a player as Gundogan currently and we should be looking to have both of them in the squad next season.

he pulled up after having a shot and then wasn't the same after, I don't think it was a case of being tired I think he was injured, he kept holding his leg

he pulled up after having a shot and then wasn't the same after, I don't think it was a case of being tired I think he was injured, he kept holding his leg

I hope not, although he's probably someone we could cope with getting injured given Bernardo and Mahrez's form.

Currently on track to play more league games and more minutes than in any season of his career. Maybe he’ll leave if we win the lot and he can bow out on top, or just maybe he can be coaxed into staying a little longer yet. Going to be difficult dropping so far both in terms of intensity and experience if he shuffles off to the sedate retirement home that Barcelona is becoming.

Currently on track to play more league games and more minutes than in any season of his career. Maybe he’ll leave if we win the lot and he can bow out on top, or just maybe he can be coaxed into staying a little longer yet. Going to be difficult dropping so far both in terms of intensity and experience if he shuffles off to the sedate retirement home that Barcelona is becoming.
Don't know how I feel about this. I really want him managed properly for the UCL. Can't burn him out at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.