8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

He is a 6. I dont get how you keep parotting this.

He may not be Rodri good, but nobody is.

Even Rodri needs help with a partner, as he couldnt lock a midfield down like Dinho.
He very clearly isn't, as shown by the fact he's played his entire career, at some top, top clubs as an 8. Or are you suggesting he's played out of position his entire career?

He very clearly isn't, as shown by the fact he's played his entire career, at some top, top clubs as an 8. Or are you suggesting he's played out of position his entire career?
I truly dont think you watched him clearly in his career then.

Ive seen him at Madrid (my brother likes Madrid) and Chelsea.

Almost always played in a midfield 2 and operating deep, very rarely playing higher up between the lines like we want from our 8s.

Anyways, the game today made it evident as well.

He wasn’t doesn’t mean he can’t be a 6, especially a Pep 6 coached by Pep. Only need to watch today to see he can be that.

I truly dont think you watched him clearly in his career then.

Ive seen him at Madrid (my brother likes Madrid) and Chelsea.

Almost always played in a midfield 2 and operating deep, very rarely playing higher up between the lines like we want from our 8s.

Anyways, the game today made it evident as well.
I've seen him at madrid and at chelsea as well as for his national side. Ive been a fan of his for a long time, im on record on here saying he was the closest thing to bernardo on the market a couple of years back when it seemed he was destined to leave and was delighted when we brought him in later so ive seen him plenty.

Playing deep doesnt make him a 6. You seem to have 1 very specific definition of an 8 that doesn't match kovacic and so you call him a 6. the 8 isnt one role, there are different versions of an 8 other than a goalscoring midfielder.

Gundogan spent most of his city career here playing in a similar way to kovacic as a deeper 8 getting us up the pitch and through lines, he only changed his game and became a goalscoring midfielder when we went with the false 9 approach and needed that, the years before that he was a much deeper 8.

Bernardo often plays as a deeper 8 when he goes central in big games, these are similar roles to kovacic, they arent 6's and neither is kovacic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.