8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

He was great yesterday, he is a very very good player and I just hope his levels are more consistent this year as he had similarly good games last year but not enough of them. Not saying his levels were bad last year (7/10 at least each game) just that he can hit the heights and I want to see him do so more often

The fact that Rodri didn’t get a single mention during the commentary tells you how well Kova played yesterday

There you have it. Rodri back up money can now get back in the piggy bank
I agree to a certain extent, but we do need a bigger squad than we currently have.

Where do you think we should strengthen? I would still go for a Rodri understudy. A young lad, who can take time to learn the rôle, and will be under no pressure to hit the ground running, as well as a striker.

As ive said before, he is a great Rodri backup.

But maybe Pep will want to start both?

Kova still isnt the 8 like Bernie is, so I dont see that.

An alternative is asking Rodri to start as a CB and push into midfield next to Kova. Quite curious if Pep tries this.
If he’s not a 6, and he’s not an 8, do you think he’s a 7?

If he’s not a 6, and he’s not an 8, do you think he’s a 7?
When did I say he isnt a 6?

He is, I prefer him operating deeper rather than between the lines.

I was speculating how Pep would play both him and Rodri. I suggested Rodri playing "the Stones role", while others suggested letting Rodri play like an 8, as he has good offensive qualities as well.

It will be interesting to see what Pep does. Maybe he only rotates with Rodri and they dont play together.

We had Ake and Stones on the bench today already, doubt it'd do much good for squad harmony if we added Dias/Akanji to it for Rodri to play there.

Rodri would be an immense 8 IMO, his finishing is brilliant and arrives in good areas a lot of the time.
Rodri won’t be playing any other position than the one he does. Apart from Erling and possibly Rúben, he’s the only outfield player, who only plays one position.

And, as he’s the best in the business at it, he won’t be going anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.