8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

He wasn’t doesn’t mean he can’t be a 6, especially a Pep 6 coached by Pep. Only need to watch today to see he can be that.
It's just not his game, the 6 requires more discpline and structure, that goes against what he is best at. Even today he was best when he was carrying the ball and moving into pockets as he does in the 8 role.

He was superb today, my motm but there was a lot of space in midfield where a 6 should be just waiting to be exploited like united did last week, Chelsea just didn't exploit it today, fuck knows why.

The disrespect I've seen about Kovacic on this forum.

Crazyyy.

He is a quality footballer. Technically so so smooth. Won't get you the goals and assists, but he keeps the ball moving, rarely loses the ball either. Cracking little footballer.

Pep relied on him at the end of last season. Mateo has stated that understanding Pep’s requirements took time to get used to. We saw the same in Rodri’s first season.
What we’re seeing in preseason is a continuation of the last five or six games last season. A very good player, that understands his role and position better.
I expect he will play a significant number of games and will contribute both defensively and offensively. He’s not an out and out goal scoring midfielder but I suspect he’ll improve his goal tally this season.
Nobody loves a smart arse, but………….11/8/2024

motm...with performances like this it`s pretty hard to leave him out of the starting team...his pace with the ball might be his most underrated skill

As ive said before, he is a great Rodri backup.

But maybe Pep will want to start both?

Kova still isnt the 8 like Bernie is, so I dont see that.

An alternative is asking Rodri to start as a CB and push into midfield next to Kova. Quite curious if Pep tries this.

We had Ake and Stones on the bench today already, doubt it'd do much good for squad harmony if we added Dias/Akanji to it for Rodri to play there.

Rodri would be an immense 8 IMO, his finishing is brilliant and arrives in good areas a lot of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.