8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

I know he’s captained Croatia but I don’t think anywhere else? He’s such a smart, thoughtful speaker and seemingly such an understated leader. In an alternate universe he’s a guy that could have captained a team somewhere for ten years. To me, he’s a model of players we should look for to fill gaps (not the only model!) - hardworking, happy to learn under Pep, experience on big stage, happy to play any type of role - from sub to starter.
just needs to work on his pens then

as you can see, the previous poster considers only finals matter at all. i’ve seen it here many times. foden didn’t start the final, take him out of the treble winners list. i do not agree with that take, i’m just done with with the constant crap kova’s been getting. you don’t have to agree with me of course.

You're going to get crap if your hill to die on is that Kova is a deserved 4 times Champions League winner. I don't agree about just the finals thing, but when he's not starting any of the meaningful knockout games, that does suggest he was a squad player.

He's a great player. Before he arrived a few City players had even described him as one of the best they'd ever faced. But he's very, very lucky to have 4 CL medals.

Comparing his contribution to Foden, who had multiple injuries last season is pointless. In City's first run to the CL, Foden played every game, starting 12 out of 13, including the final, and he's already played a lot more CL knockout games than Kovacic.

You're going to get crap if your hill to die on is that Kova is a deserved 4 times Champions League winner. I don't agree about just the finals thing, but when he's not starting any of the meaningful knockout games, that does suggest he was a squad player.

He's a great player. Before he arrived a few City players had even described him as one of the best they'd ever faced. But he's very, very lucky to have 4 CL medals.

Comparing his contribution to Foden, who had multiple injuries last season is pointless. In City's first run to the CL, Foden played every game, starting 12 out of 13, including the final, and he's already played a lot more CL knockout games than Kovacic.
most of the time it’s about being a starter in the finals. feel free to do a forum search and see for yourself.

using that “great” argument, foden’s out of the picture.

it is NOT my opinion obviously.

my opinion is that football is a team game and measuring a player’s worth just by being a starter in one game is idiotic.

most of the time it’s about being a starter in the finals. feel free to do a forum search and see for yourself.

using that “great” argument, foden’s out of the picture.

it is NOT my opinion obviously.

my opinion is that football is a team game and measuring a player’s worth just by being a starter in one game is idiotic.

I agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.