8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Kova is unique and consistent. He stabilises the team on court. A team need such a midfielder and there is not many such player that is pressure resistant at top level in the most critical games. and not many fans appreciate Kova’s playing style as it seems passive, just side passes. But in a good functioning team, such passive play can end up with 4:0 without running the ass off. A lot fans prefer “direct” players but actually that means a lot of turn overs and extra miles of running to cover back by team mates.

Think he’s great I just wish he wouldn’t try to turn and burst forward in our own first third, he does get caught and the we get in trouble, needs to start to help the knackered Rodri on Sunday.

Some signing this guy has been and for a man that has won 4 Champions leagues , a guy that looks utterly delighted to be on the verge on winning a title in our shirt.

I thought he was really good again yesterday. Getting a foot in, calm on the ball and always there to receive the ball. There was a clear strategy of playing intricate direct quick passes through their midfield, and a few of our players weren't getting it right but I think that was due to Spurs changing their approach and crowding the midfield. At HT we changed things and looked to switch the play from side to side instead and everyone performed much better.

I thought he was superb tonight and his inclusion alongside the charming man is one of the big reasons we are on this fine run.
Yep

I wrote near the start of this thread a few times early in the season when people were saying he's a poor signing that he will prove people wrong and prove to be a very valuable signing by the end of the season

seems Pep agrees that he is important because he starting games in these big games.

It's a team game, not every player needs to be spectacular in their style. He's just a very solid and intelligent player and you need those just as much as the flair players. He adds great balance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.