8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Bobb was a bad sub(I was certainly surprised), but I was shocked that it was Nunes coming off versus Kovacic. Bad day in the office for him and Pep IMO.
BTW was Pep allowed to communicate? I thought that he was banned from communication. Maybe I am wrong.

I'm a massive fan of his but my word he had a stinker. Gets some leeway for the fact that however much pep may try to force it, he's not a solo 6, he's never been able to do it at madrid or chelsea and at his age it's unlikely to ever be. He needs to do better but i attribute more blame on pep for doing it when it's not his game.
Even with that I'd have left him on rather than bring on Phillips...JMO

Amazed at the bewilderment of him passing to Haaland as if it’s just a negative trait in his game. He’s being told to do it and force the passes through.

Off day yesterday, plenty of time to make up for it. Was tasked with controlling the midfield essentially on his own after about 5 games playing in the team. In arguably the most important position in a Pep team.

Some hyperbole in here, though. Christ.

Awful most parts yesterday. Partly culpable for Wolves' first goal. I did like him trying to pick out through passes forward, but he wasn't careful enough with his ball retention game. Didn't look comfortable playing the pivot.

Still I think the guy's been quality for us so far, one game won't change my confidence in him yet.

At Madrid Kovacic was the best as part of a three man midfield, either right sided or preferably left sided. I don't think hes suited for the double pivot.

Not his forte cdm which is unfortunate, his driving runs and deceptive passes between the lines whilst driving with the ball are best aspect of his game. Can't be doing that regularly as a CDM.

At Madrid Kovacic was the best as part of a three man midfield, either right sided or preferably left sided. I don't think hes suited for the double pivot.
Maybe it is the case for Real United or Liverpool. But in current City set up our two "attacking midfielders" are almost operating like a 10 or a second striker when we attack. Not very suitable.

His performances at Chelsea started dropping off as they started pushing him more and more back into DM role. Also that is when he started picking up injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.