80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmer will likely take a little less time to grow into a first-team regular than Foden did for three reasons:

- Part of Foden's gradual introduction was about waiting for him to bulk up, but Cole is already pretty tall and therefore likely to get to the physical standard of the league faster
- Palmer's a good two years older than Phil was when he broke through
- Foden was competing for minutes with De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan and Bernardo originally- if we're honest, Mahrez and Jesus aren't going to be as hard to compete with, especially as the former is going to AfCoN soon

Dare I say he reminds me of mcmanaman when he was good at liverpool. He has a great future ahead of him. Really hope we manage to integrate 2/3/4 of these promising youngsters.

Looks as if he has been earmarked to get the Foden treatment. Exciting.

So, how well is Palmer actually thought of at the club? He's looked good so far and scored a couple but then so did Brahim Diaz...

There was a huge buzz around Foden when he came through but Palmer's not quite so well thought of, so what are we realistically thinking? Future star? Squad player? Another club lower down in the league?

So, how well is Palmer actually thought of at the club? He's looked good so far and scored a couple but then so did Brahim Diaz...

There was a huge buzz around Foden when he came through but Palmer's not quite so well thought of, so what are we realistically thinking? Future star? Squad player? Another club lower down in the league?
Haha, is this a serious post ?

You're not a City fan, or you wouldn't have asked such a stupid question.

Gives me a very different feeling to Brahim. Think his problem was he tried to play the same way against grown men as he did against inexperienced kids. Always wanted to dribble through defences instead of pass. Cole plays with a lot more maturity and is a better finisher too.

The thing about Diaz is that a spaniard is always likely to be tempted to go back (especially if it's Real Madrid of all teams)

I think Cole himself will be more patient as long as he is in around the squad considering he is already at the top team in his own country, and the club will be patient with him because of his roots. He has the potential to become good enough Imo, but if he is not developed enough to warrant a squad place when he is 23-24 I think we will help him get a club somewhere else.

I also agree with those above saying Palmer has looked a level above Diaz in senior football at the same age

Fwiw I believe Diaz has really come into his own in Italy, so it's not the worst benchmark for Palmer to aim for initially.

Although they're different. Diaz and Sancho just felt like 2 very immensely talented players in a strong academy. Palmer and the other local lads (like Foden) seem to have a more Pep way of playing on top of the talent.

Fwiw I believe Diaz has really come into his own in Italy, so it's not the worst benchmark for Palmer to aim for initially.

Although they're different. Diaz and Sancho just felt like 2 very immensely talented players in a strong academy. Palmer and the other local lads (like Foden) seem to have a more Pep way of playing on top of the talent.

Both never got the chance to really show if they were up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.