80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for a young player making his debut from the start in a PL game vs Everton, he did really well. And it was easy to see why he is rated by Pep. Very elegant style of play with great vision.

Hopefully we can see a lot more from him in the coming years.

him and torres are in my eyes the best "false 9"s we have in our squad. torres the more clinical and palmer the more involved link up guy. I know he only played the one game but he looked way better than anyone else we used this season as a "striker". everton were abysmal though... I'd give him a run of games. very encouraging display

him and torres are in my eyes the best "false 9"s we have in our squad. torres the more clinical and palmer the more involved link up guy. I know he only played the one game but he looked way better than anyone else we used this season as a "striker". everton were abysmal though... I'd give him a run of games. very encouraging display
torres is not a false 9 he just plays a traditional striker for us most of the time

Palmer has been the most natural F9 we've had so far, the rest all seem to drop right into the midfield, he was the one dropped 5-10 yards into the 10 before turning.

Definitely put himself in the running to be given a shot there in a few games.

I like the fact when hes got the ball in or around the 18 yard box he's not afraid to shoot, we have players that will just look to take and extra touch or pass but he always wants to test the keeper
All the youngsters coming through seem to show this trait. It looks as though it is being coached as part of their decision making. Scary for the opposition to face multiple players with a strikers skill and instinct. The future looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.