80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody put up a series of CP clips which focus on his positioning and movement, both off/def -
my takeaway is that he looks like a student doing well in a high level classroom ...

[total of 7 clips if you click thru]

Needs to bulk up, which he undoubtedly will; that will afford him more strings to the bow as he’s conscious of directness currently against seasoned pros; that confidence will only grow with time I guess

Special talent though who, like Foden, will have the best coach in football at his disposal to improve

Very good tonight I thought, even if left wing isn’t his best position.

Agree, he ran Milner ragged especially he was a little indecisive at times but no slate at all he was still impressive on the left and it's all part of the learning curve, very obviously Pep's plan to take Cole out of his comfort zone by sticking him on the left, it'll improve his versatility and confidence in the final third whether right left or centre which will bode very well for us in the future.

1st half he was very good.

I liked the fact that he was willing to take the ball and attack the full back. Far too often our wide men take the safe/easy option. A couple of times in the past against Liverpool we have seen Milner at RB on the team-sheet and thought our wide left man would run riot, only to see them consistently slow the game down and pass backwards. Palmer had Milner on toast.

He's very very clearly a winger and not a central midfielder. Thought he was excellent 1st half, things didn't quite go for him, that miss and a few passes lacking the care but it was a breath of fresh air to see him going at Milner instead of turning back and playing the simple pass. Can be very happy with that performance.

Was superb 1st half.. agressive going forward and didn't look for safe options. Shame about missing the sitter but very promising performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.