80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game on the left he was average at best, think this is his 2nd maybe his 3rd time there and the improvement we could all see!

Would love someone to ask pep why Mahrez never plays on the left but he is happy to play young kids out of position to improve them in that position!

First game on the left he was average at best, think this is his 2nd maybe his 3rd time there and the improvement we could all see!

Would love someone to ask pep why Mahrez never plays on the left but he is happy to play young kids out of position to improve them in that position!
I assume it’s because Mahrez has played on the left for an entire career. With Palmer and other young players they’re still learning so it’s more likely to be taken on board and add a new dimension to their awareness on the pitch, spatially. Same way new languages are said to be much easier to learn when young.

I assume it’s because Mahrez has played on the left for an entire career. With Palmer and other young players they’re still learning so it’s more likely to be taken on board and add a new dimension to their awareness on the pitch, spatially. Same way new languages are said to be much easier to learn when young.

Yeah that’s a good shout! I feel it’s weird a player of such ability skill can only play on the right and very rarely inside right!

He looked a lot better last night than he has in other recent performances. He's got such composure on the ball and is able to use his body to manipulate space in a similar way to Bernardo. It's brilliant to watch. He should have scored from Haaland's cut back and had another couple of poor shots - the final ball and decision was a bit off, but he was always a threat and didn't look out of place in the side. We know he's got that final product, it's just about composure which will come with more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.