82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was neat and tidy when in midfield, but I don’t get the point, especially as we sacrificed our left hand side just so he could perform a function which creates absolutely nothing.

Dare I say I think we are making him
to be far better then he is?

Wouldn’t get near some of our great sides of the last ten years.

I don’t think he looks ready for these type of big away games yet.

Play him central if that’s where pep wants him. Stop sacrificing the defence. He’s good enough to play in there and I would love to see it. He can’t be no worse then the others.

He is a kid. One with lots of potential but he should not be playing every week.

My biggest concern with him is that I’ve not seen him have a good defensive game yet. He is perfectly fine getting on the ball, moving into midfield etc but he is consistently left wanting in a traditional full back defensive role. Ive consistently read on here how Cancelo couldn’t defend but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that Rico is defensively better (at this moment in time).

I feel he (like a few others) are in the side because of circumstance rather than anything else.

He was neat and tidy when in midfield, but I don’t get the point, especially as we sacrificed our left hand side just so he could perform a function which creates absolutely nothing.
Spot on. We’re basically unbalancing the side at a tough away ground for us to fit him him. Really good young talent but with 2 wide players both in form(particularly the one he fucking subbed who had come the closest to scoring) with no pace and have to cut inside. we sacrifice even more width to get another player in midfield that we used to dominate anyway with a midfield 3 with a lad who’s neat and tidy and adds no real go threat.

Obviously don’t question Pep though on a City forum because he’s a genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.