82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be unpopular but I don't see what he brings to this current team. But it's not easy when everyone plays shit.
He brings potential but at the moment that’s all he is. Imagine being thrust into a Pep side every week at his age and being asked to not just play RB, but also LB and erm move into midfield as well while you’re at it. He needs bringing in slowly but surely, into a team that is doing well. Not playing every week in a side that looks a shadow of its former self.

Only issue I have with him he more often than not standing still when he receives a pass and is open to being pressed, the goal was just an example of this but went on all game.
All credit for getting in the position but he doesn't protect the ball by being stationary.

He brings potential but at the moment that’s all he is. Imagine being thrust into a Pep side every week at his age and being asked to not just play RB, but also LB and erm move into midfield as well while you’re at it. He needs bringing in slowly but surely, into a team that is doing well. Not playing every week in a side that looks a shadow of its former self.
It’s complete madness isn’t it.

He was far too central today, it's fine coming inside but do it just off the left and offer yourself on angle, don't stand next to Rodri and get in each others way. We essentially had 2 players for one role when on the ball and left ourselves wide open if we lost it. I'm inclined to blame Pep for that rather than Lewis because he didnt appear to be telling him to come wider or change what he was doing so I can only assume he was doing what Pep asked him to do.

We should be lessening the responsibility we give him for now, let him play as a more authodox fullback for a few games let him have a few quiet but efficient games. This lad is going to have so much put on him in the next few months, he's just not ready for the role we are going to give him now that we have 1 senior fullback in the entire squad. I think it's inevitable its going to cost us dearly like today and its not his fault at all.

Goal today was mainly his fault rather than Rodri's, he was caught on his heels, you just cannot let that happen in that position. If you're in that position, you have to expect the pass and in no circumstances can you lose it. He might be a kid but he has to be treated the same as the rest, Rodri cannot not pass to him just because he's a kid and its a difficult situation, if he's in there the players have to trust him. It's a mistake, it's going to happen, important for him that he learns and doesn't let that happen again this season.

He isn’t good enough yet or strong enough to be playing in a top four side every week. It’s ridiculous at his age to expect that. I’m not sure what Pep is playing at currently but there must be more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of. The decision to play him today in that position was crackers.

Reminds me a lot of Zinchenko tbh. Works hard, tidy, not offering much of a threat. Just sort of there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.