82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs went out to specifically rough him up. He can clearly handle himself, as last night attested to, but I’d like to see more fire from our players like Pep said.

We need that siege mentality back. As much as I was indifferent to whether we kept Zinchenko or not based on footballing attributes alone, he’d have been the first in their letting them know they would get away with it.

Madness the way Lewis was treated last night. Being kicked constantly without any protection from the ref whatsoever can lead to injuries and potentially case decline as his career progress. Look no further than Hazard who was completely washed up after joining Real Madrid in his late 20s. Hazard was by far the most fouled player in Premier League for years it took a massive toll on him.

If Hazard got the protection from the ref, he easily would still be a world-class in his 30s like KDB.
Pep said this last night
In his words " he Rico lewis was fouled 4 times and nobody stood for him we lack passion"
I miss fernandinho man
I personally think Rodri and Dias are the leaders of the team
Gundogan is not vocal enough

Rico without a doubt is a special talent, a real little terrier with a fantastic engine and no little skill. Quite an achievement for an 18 year old to be playing in the inverted fb role in a Guardiola team ahead of a seasoned pro like Walker. Great to see another academy player progressing into the 1st team.

Pep said this last night
In his words " he Rico lewis was fouled 4 times and nobody stood for him we lack passion"
I miss fernandinho man
I personally think Rodri and Dias are the leaders of the team
Gundogan is not vocal enough
The team all came over after the stamp and had words. Reckon Pep called them out on it at ht, not that he should have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.