82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Kova might be getting the plaudits (somewhat deserved given he also played very well) but Rico was absolutely phenomenal. We simply don't win that game without him.

His positioning is such an understated quality of his. He's never caught out, always in the right place at the right time. It's not something everybody is going to notice unless you're watching him closely. His touch is superb but his quick thinking is unreal. It's honestly like having Cruyff's brain at left back. Madness how good he is for his age.
Right back...

I don’t think he’s ever had a bad game for us.
I really like and rate Lewis but no one particularly at his age is infallible.
In all honesty he has a shocker away against Villa (he wasn't the only one) but he was completely bullied by McGinn.

I really like and rate Lewis but no one particularly at his age is infallible.
In all honesty he has a shocker away against Villa (he wasn't the only one) but he was completely bullied by McGinn.
McGinn is a big lump, definitely the one game where Rodri missing was felt the most. Villa were just flying that night unfortunately.

On one hand Rico being the stature he is makes certain parts of his games so good, low centre of gravity and so on but if he grew to 6ft+ he would probably be up there as one of the best midfielders in the world already, a 6ft+ Rico alongside Rodri would be incredible.

I love him though, he is like a Lahm and Kimmich regen, technically so adept but he scraps and fights with the best of them when he needs to get physical.

McGinn is a big lump, definitely the one game where Rodri missing was felt the most. Villa were just flying that night unfortunately.

On one hand Rico being the stature he is makes certain parts of his games so good, low centre of gravity and so on but if he grew to 6ft+ he would probably be up there as one of the best midfielders in the world already, a 6ft+ Rico alongside Rodri would be incredible.

I love him though, he is like a Lahm and Kimmich regen, technically so adept but he scraps and fights with the best of them when he needs to get physical.

We played Stones (just back from injury) and had Akanji pushed into the midfield in that game, with Alvarez in the 10. Pep went rogue, probably because of how games without Rodri had gone before. And it didn't work. I wouldn't lay the blame at Rico's feet for that one.

I wasn't sure where he would end up, but he is looking like a perfect RB now, and followed up a strong pre season with his performance in the community shield and again today.

Got a big big future this lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.