82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Great game again. Have to feel sorry for him in some respects, he's 19 playing for his boyhood club who happen to be the champions so i'm certain he's happy to play anywhere and would go in net if needs be but Its quite clear he's desperate to play in midfield and have the license to be up and down, thats his natural game. Our attacking midfielders and wingers should be copying Rico's movement off the ball, it's sublime.

Needs to get some shooting practice in mind if he's going to be finding himself in those kind of shooting positions every week. 2 relative sitters now. Should be our second top scorer.

Great game again. Have to feel sorry for him in some respects, he's 19 playing for his boyhood club who happen to be the champions so i'm certain he's happy to play anywhere and would go in net if needs be but Its quite clear he's desperate to play in midfield and have the license to be up and down, thats his natural game. Our attacking midfielders and wingers should be copying Rico's movement off the ball, it's sublime.

Needs to get some shooting practice in mind if he's going to be finding himself in those kind of shooting positions every week. 2 relative sitters now. Should be our second top scorer.
Wouldn’t feel sorry for him, Peps set the team up so he can play a 2/6/10 hybrid. I expect he’s having a great time. One of the reasons we are doing okay without Rodri is Lewis.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 20.04.15.png

He is popping up everywhere. I wouldn't be worried where it looks like hes starting on paper, he has the intelligence and most importantly the backing from Pep to go and find the spaces to play.

I think this current role suits him well but there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't play in our midfield 3 long term.

In the next season or two kdb, Bernardo, and gundogan will all be moving on or playing significantly less minutes.

Everyone bemoans his size but it never stopped David or Bernardo and we know he likes a scrap. Only thing holding him back from being an ideal box to box midfielder for us is his shooting, which I'm sure will improve.

I think this current role suits him well but there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't play in our midfield 3 long term.

In the next season or two kdb, Bernardo, and gundogan will all be moving on or playing significantly less minutes.

Everyone bemoans his size but it never stopped David or Bernardo and we know he likes a scrap. Only thing holding him back from being an ideal box to box midfielder for us is his shooting, which I'm sure will improve.

The shooting just comes down to composure really. He's rushing his shots when he's got time to pick a spot and score. That will come in time. He's still inexperienced and most of the time he's been dropped in sporadically so in his head there will still be a lot of pressure about not fucking up and proving himself. This regular run of games will have helped him settle and I would imagine he just gets better and better as a result of being more comfortable in the side and hopefully then he finds that composure to score as well.

He's a cracking lad and a wonderful footballer. I wasn't sure where he'd end up playing for us, but someone posted about him not needing to be the same as Walker and the penny dropped really for me at that point. I think I'd been looking at him in terms of a defensive comparison to Walker, but he's never going to be the same. On the ball he's far superior and actually, as shown with his defending against Chelsea tracking the ball at the far post, he's a much better defender than Walker right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.