82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Not a left back. We were totally exposed down the left side, with Manu Akanji having to cover, or even KDB at one point. We could have been a couple of goals down because we were so out of shape. He clearly should be playing in midfield.

Looked like he didn’t know what was going on yesterday. They targeted his side with ball’s over his head to their big wide man, he was out of position a lot, and he wasn’t involved in the game with the ball either.
I agree he seemed as though he was worrying about where he should be which kind of stifled his natural game and led to him not being as involved as he's been on the right.

Not a left back. We were totally exposed down the left side, with Manu Akanji having to cover, or even KDB at one point. We could have been a couple of goals down because we were so out of shape. He clearly should be playing in midfield.
Who’s Rico going to replace in midfield?

Rodri? Kevin? Phil? Ilkay?

None of the above.

As much as i think he could potentially become an ilkay-type midfielder, he is not yet good enough to be considered ahead of the great man, whereas being a full-back moving into midfield suits his game down to the ground.

The lad has huge potential.

He played well there for England.

You've also spent the last year telling us he isn't a right back. But he's had a great start to the season in that position.
I think it matters a lot who are we up against. Rico can do very well against teams that sit back and defend because in such a scenario he gets to utilise his offensive movement which in my mind is his best attribute.

As it stands, I would pick Rico at RB against teams in the bottom half of the table, or against the likes of Finland for England (because of his offensive attributes), but I don't think he will ever become the sort of player that you would fully trust from the defensive standpoint against the better teams. He doesn't have the physical presence or pace for it. I am quite sure he will end up in midfield for us, I think it's his preference as well.

Who’s Rico going to replace in midfield?

Rodri? Kevin? Phil? Ilkay?

None of the above.

As much as i think he could potentially become an ilkay-type midfielder,
he is not yet good enough to be considered ahead of the great man, whereas being a full-back moving into midfield suits his game down to the ground.

The lad has huge potential.
I agree with all this.

Rico Lewis is more of a right full back than a midfielder but similar to Tront there seems to be hidden qualities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.