82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

very happy for the lad. he made a big step forward.

the only thing I don't like is that he sometimes falls over a bit too much/looks for the foul. didn't cost us yet though so all good.

with how walker looked after he came on rico should be miles ahead atm.
Looks for the foul? Really? He gets kicked to fuck and just gets up and gets on with it

If Ake's injury is serious (knock on wood), Rico becomes even more important. He'll become Josko's primary backup at LB now too.

Either way, brilliant game for England. He just knows how to work the ball and continuesly move. Always in the right place. Team player, big player.

He’s a starter for city for me. He’s really improved so far this season
He's made enormous progress we agree, but in whose place would he be a starter?

If it's in midfield, is he betterr than Rodri, Kevin, Bernardo or Foden? Clearly not.

In defense, he may have a chance at RB, but we must calm down, Walker will be far more useful and effective than him when it comes to facing big wingers like Vinicius.

Yes, although I’ll doubt you’ll find a single other Blue who thinks Rico looks for fouls or goes down too easily
I do to be fair. I think Lewis is a bit of a diver.

He dived three times in the Ipswich game: he dived in the box to try and win a penalty in the second half and was waved to get up when he should have been booked, he dived again on the edge of our own box and waved to get up, and dived once in the first half and won a free kick (near to our bench).

He also won two free kicks against West Ham when they were dives.

I’ve noticed it since he got into the team regularly.

I really like him as a player but I really wished he’d cut that out of his game.

This lads the real deal.
And he's a blue.
We're very lucky aren't we
Very exciting prospect. People on those YouTube tactics videos are saying Pep’s invented a new position in the sport around the lad.

The improvement from just a year ago has been huge. A few of things I’d like to see an improvement on this season are when he gets the ball in deep midfield, he takes a bit too long to make his mind up where he wants to pass it (you see Rodri giving it the ‘speed it up’ roll of the arm at him sometimes); his longer passing can be a bit hit-and-miss; also he’s a bit up-and-down defensively - he sometimes makes the wrong decision as the far defender in the line facing the ball and leaves people an open run at goal (Jackson for Chelsea who was just offside, and the Ipswich goal where he stopped tracking the runner who scored).

But even in just the last year, his instinctive quick short passing game high up the pitch has improved immeasurably; he is carrying the ball with more confidence all the time; and his one-on-one defending when facing up against the opponent has improved a lot.

And he’s just a teenager so will have loads wrong with his game (Foden still does!) but will keep on getting better.

Last edited:
In defense, he may have a chance at RB, but we must calm down, Walker will be far more useful and effective than him when it comes to facing big wingers like Vinicius.
You can't base a team/player on the possibility that we may playing against Vinicius.
If we are playing against a speedy forward, then Walker may be the choice but Lewis is the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.